<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Automatic Success and Blast

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:28 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
If I roll an automatic success on a blast attack do all valid targets in the blast radius suffer 1 point of automatic damage?

Assuming they do not get auto successes as well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:33 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Ain't there anything like an original target or something similar?

At least that would make sense...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:22 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Location: New Jersey, home of addiction.Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm
I'm going to have to assume that only the original target is hit with the auto success just because i believe there are abilities that say you can target the ground. So regular blasts would have to pick a target and use their stats as a basis to beat and so forth.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:46 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
My understanding is that there is a primary target you roll versus them and halve the result for all others to beat.

There was another thread about one roll versus many opposed rolls. I should reread that to see if there is anything there.

If I target the ground that means my opposed roll result is halved for all models in the radius, but I could still roll a 6.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:57 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
The answer is ALL models suffer the auto success rule. HOWEVER the total for the primary target is 6 plus Energy, while secondary targets suffer a total of 6 plus half of the attacker's energy. So that being the case secondary models will probably only take the single point of damage from the auto success. That's how we play it. Hope this helps.