<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Questions

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:12 pm
MortalPosts: 25Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:15 pm
Alright, my son and I got in another game last night and he used Twilight for the first time. We came up a with a number of questions I hope you can help with.

Blink - If a model using Blink starts its movement in B2B with a building that is 10" high and they have Blink 4, can they only Blink 4 vertical inches or can the blink up to the top of the building and end up 4" horizontally from where they began?

If you are shooting from an elevated position (say the top of the 10" building) do you measure literal distance (Ie from the edge of the shooting model's base to the base of the target)? Or do you measure horizontally? I hope that makes sense.

When you give a minion an command, does it immediately obey the command or is that command acted upon as your next model activation. In other words if Hood moves and uses Mojo and gives the wolf a move command. Does my opponent get to activate a model before I move the wolf or does the wolf move immediately?

If a model in B2B condition wants to move around the model it is in B2B with (to catch other models in a Self Blast for instance) as long as it stays in B2B contact and ends in B2B contact, does it give the other model a chance at a free strike?

That is it for now, though I am sure there will be more.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:22 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Here're the answers.

1. Blink.
The new rules clear that shady area:

Rules Revision wrote:
Jump*, Blink, Wallcrawler and other game effects provide a chance to perform some of the most spectacular moves! Imagine Tangent jumping of the deck of the Ulthar battle barge right after planting explosive charges, her combat boots barely make it to the edge of the rooftop as for a moment she balances over the 300 feet deep gap. How about Chimp Chi who covers the vertical wall of the National Bank as bullets fly.

Sometimes these Actions or Skills will put your Supreme in an arguable position as unlike in comic books where heroes can hold on to the buildings edge with one hand, your models need a steady platform to put their base on.
As a rule of thumb, any time Supreme it needs to make sure that at least one edge of the base makes it safely to the other side. Place the whole base on the steady surface, making as little extra movement as possible. If your opponent claims that there is a better, more movement-efficient way, let him place your miniature.
Twilight decides to Blink to the rooftop that?s some distance away. She uses the Run* Action that after measuring, only a tenth of an inch lands on the building. Twilight?s controller places her so that the entire base is on the steady surface.

Chimp Chi is crawling up the wall of a Little Asia souvenir store, the movement takes him up 8 inches thanks to his Wallcrawler ability. His base is barely touching the small footing, but his controller can put the whole base on the balcony.

That building was 10 inches tall, so no, Twilight can't Blink to the top of it. Unless you agree that she blinks 8 inches to a balcony and covers the rest in the next Round.
(then she would Blink remaining 2 and be free to walk horizontally the rest)

2. Measure from Base to Base. The exception is when shooting at flyers.

3. Halo and Command cannot be combine as they are not asteriksed (either of them).
She could Move* and Command (and the Command may be Move* Wolf and Bite). Actions happen instantly so no, you don't wait for another activation.

4. No, only leaving Base to Base implies free Strikes. You can whirl around the model.

Feel free to fire more!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:29 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
I'm gald to hear you are getting some games in!

1) Blink lets you place the model instead of moving it, and you may place the model in any direction, left, right up, or down. Twilight could easily Blink on top of a 7" building for example. A 10" building would be too tall to get on without some intermediate step or having her Blink inside the building and then Blink on top over the course of two rounds. She can only Move* and Run* a total of 8" per round.

2) I think you measure the literal distance when elevated. Flight is handled as if the models were both on the same level. Then it becomes odd if a model with Flight is over a 10" tall building, but the rules for Flight have to be a little abstract. PS: I love how elegant the Flight rules are!

3) When you command a minion it follows the command right after the supreme is finished with its actyions. So if Hoodoo uses a * action and give the order to her Zombie Wolf to move, she would fully resolve her own actions and then the wolf would move prior to your opponent's next model activation.

4) You do not take a free strike unless you leave the base to base condition.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:30 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Morf types faster than I do...

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:37 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Invader Larb wrote:
Morf types faster than I do...

:AGL :AGL :AGL
I love Neomorte for these icons!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:40 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Morf wrote:
Here're the answers.

1. Blink.
The new rules clear that shady area:

Rules Revision wrote:
Jump*, Blink, Wallcrawler and other game effects provide a chance to perform some of the most spectacular moves! Imagine Tangent jumping of the deck of the Ulthar battle barge right after planting explosive charges, her combat boots barely make it to the edge of the rooftop as for a moment she balances over the 300 feet deep gap. How about Chimp Chi who covers the vertical wall of the National Bank as bullets fly.

Sometimes these Actions or Skills will put your Supreme in an arguable position as unlike in comic books where heroes can hold on to the buildings edge with one hand, your models need a steady platform to put their base on.
As a rule of thumb, any time Supreme it needs to make sure that at least one edge of the base makes it safely to the other side. Place the whole base on the steady surface, making as little extra movement as possible. If your opponent claims that there is a better, more movement-efficient way, let him place your miniature.
Twilight decides to Blink to the rooftop that?s some distance away. She uses the Run* Action that after measuring, only a tenth of an inch lands on the building. Twilight?s controller places her so that the entire base is on the steady surface.

Chimp Chi is crawling up the wall of a Little Asia souvenir store, the movement takes him up 8 inches thanks to his Wallcrawler ability. His base is barely touching the small footing, but his controller can put the whole base on the balcony.

That building was 10 inches tall, so no, Twilight can't Blink to the top of it. Unless you agree that she blinks 8 inches to a balcony and covers the rest in the next Round.
(then she would Blink remaining 2 and be free to walk horizontally the rest)

2. Measure from Base to Base. The exception is when shooting at flyers.

3. Halo and Command cannot be combine as they are not asteriksed (either of them).
She could Move* and Command (and the Command may be Move* Wolf and Bite). Actions happen instantly so no, you don't wait for another activation.

4. No, only leaving Base to Base implies free Strikes. You can whirl around the model.

Feel free to fire more!

Morf - if the text is still under revision, the part that reads:

"As a rule of thumb, any time Supreme it needs to make sure that at least one edge of the base makes it safely to the other side."

may be better written as:

"As a rule of thumb, any time a Supreme moves it needs to make sure that at least one edge of the base makes it safely to the other side."

or something to that effect.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:42 pm
MortalPosts: 25Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:15 pm
Thanks guys, that explains a bunch!

I am sure I will have more questions, beware!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:50 pm
Leon,
the text is still VERY much under the revision.
Not being the native speaker, I feed my ideas to some smart alpha testers and they will make sure all sounds very "Englishgamer".
Thanks for the input!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:52 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Morf wrote:
Leon,
the text is still VERY much under the revision.
Not being the native speaker, I feed my ideas to some smart alpha testers and they will make sure all sounds very "Englishgamer".
Thanks for the input!

No worries. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:17 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
All great questions and Morf has some impressive :AGL

Right now us Alpha's are worried more about the rules themselves than the wording. Once we're done we can apply our :MND to editing. Then we'll see if Morf's :SPT can resist our nitpicking.