<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Silencer Pistol + Gentleman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:08 pm
HeroPosts: 169Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:54 pm
So if I read this correctly, when Gentleman is fielded in a heavily Coven team, he becomes Coven because of the merc rule? Then he can take the silencer pistol that is coven only?

I only ask, because we need more resources. I find myself constantly stretching to fill out my resource pool on some of my teams. (and it's cool to have gentleman shoot while lurking with the silencer pistols.)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:22 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
I would say yes. This is a benefit of the Merc skill. When fielded by a primarily ARC team, he could also make use of the Weapons Crate.

I'm open to second opinions...

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:37 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 44Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:55 pm
Looks like a yes to me too.

The Silencer Gun is Coven Only, and since Gentleman becomes Coven in a mostly Coven team because of the Merc rule, he can take it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:19 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
You also know of the general/universal resources out of the rule book in back, right?

First Aid, manholes, sentry bots, corrupted cops, etc...

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:55 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Yes don't forget the universal resources.

I played a level 9 game last week with my heroes I had to take 5 points of universal resources. During the game my opponent was going ... Wha? Huh! everytime I played a resource

I played a well timed First Aid resurrecting an incapictated Iron Train. I used Androida to zip up and put a force wall in Gentlmans face providing blocking his vicsous sniper rifle.

When 6FU popped Madness Combat Drugs, charged and lay the smackdown on Hell Smith and later flung a car crushing Gentleman... my opponent took the moral high ground and said "Good Guys don't do drugs."

It took the edge off my victory... :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Too funny Jim! Plus once my, er the Pulp Minion rules hit the streets you can field all kinds of funky custom minions to fill in those blanks. Trust me the new minion rules are gonna provide you with all the extra punch you could want. Of course where you get the AP's to use the little buggers will be another question altogether.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:45 pm
Even with the universal resources, we still have empty slots. Tangent used the Force Field once to stop an Alpha Strike on Rook dead in it's tracks.

I've seen the customized minion rules, I am one of Invader Larb's playtesters. They look great. We have not used them yet though.

We have trouble with a boat load of minions because we dont have the AP to run them though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:21 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Yeah, Jadin and I regularly field lots of minions and other universal resources. It can be tricky though. There are a good number of supremes without exclusive resources. Sometimes you have tons of extra resources left over, even after taking First Aid Kits, etc.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:23 pm
Also a lot of those resources only science supremes can have. There is very little for mystery or nature supremes.

Last edited by Jadin on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm
That is a good point. There are a lot of devices and very few artifacts.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:16 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I agree whole heatedly we do need more generic resources. I'm hoping that we'll get a bunch more of them with the new rulebook come the end of the year. Minions really come into their own in larger games, say lvl 3 with Mysterious Man :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:05 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 30Location: Santiago, ChileJoined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:24 pm
When the minion rules are out I'm so going to do my own version of 'The Foot Clan'.

Andres

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:11 pm
That will be totally doable... and it will be awesome.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:34 pm
Ninjas and zombies where forefront in my mind when I wrote the rules. They will be awesome.