<  Plot & Agenda Tactics  ~  Agenda: The Hand Off

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:09 am
SidekickPosts: 63Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 4:37 am
Hi All,
The last sentence of the Action Secret Sign states: If Secret Sign has been unsuccessful prior to reaching the last available Citizen, then use of the Action on the remaining Citizen is considered to be automatically successful without the need to roll a d6.

Does this mean that even if Secret Sign action has NOT been used previously in the encounter, it is still automatically successful, if used on the last available Citizen?

If so, it makes the Agenda fairly easy with the old "don't bother trying until the last guy" trick.

We have been playing it this way until now. I was just curious whether this is correct, as that exception is listed in the Action rather than it saying "If The Hand Off has been unsuccessful prior to..."

I look forward to your responses. Cheers

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:36 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Felstorm wrote:
Hi All,
The last sentence of the Action Secret Sign states: If Secret Sign has been unsuccessful prior to reaching the last available Citizen, then use of the Action on the remaining Citizen is considered to be automatically successful without the need to roll a d6.

Does this mean that even if Secret Sign action has NOT been used previously in the encounter, it is still automatically successful, if used on the last available Citizen?

If so, it makes the Agenda fairly easy with the old "don't bother trying until the last guy" trick.

We have been playing it this way until now. I was just curious whether this is correct, as that exception is listed in the Action rather than it saying "If The Hand Off has been unsuccessful prior to..."

I look forward to your responses. Cheers

Rules as written, then you play it as it says. However, to keep the game healthy and fun, as well as challenging, then play it as you've stated.

Beermonkey should come along with the "intent" of the rule soon, though to verify his thoughts.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:58 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Speaking on behalf of the team, the intent was always that the last available Citizen would be able to qualify.

The risk of leaving it until late can be playing against an unscrupulous opponent since Citizens are fairly easy to take out, and also the risk of Citizens moving off board.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:52 am
SidekickPosts: 63Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 4:37 am
Thanks guys. That makes total sense. You're absolutely right about the risks. If they leave it until the last Citizen, you can just shoot it. Problem solved.
Good call. Glad we played it right. Thanks again.

Offline Profile