<  Plot & Agenda Tactics  ~  Generic bonuses for Campaigns

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:38 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
I'm thinking of running a little campaign for those at my club interested in playing Pulp City. I've shown the game to two folks so far, with others looking on. Rather than have the next scenario determined by the winner or the loser, since there's no way to tell which faction/sub faction each player will play, I was wondering about small one-time bonuses, like an extra two inches to the winner's deployment zone or an extra reroll for the winning team to use in the next game, etc.

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:43 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I would keep the bonuses small, otherwise they provide their own momentum.

What about the winner setting an Agenda for the loser from their allowed suite of choices? They could either select or limit the loser Agendas That way there is a narrative impact.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:31 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
You could have the winner gain a free Master Plan. Extra deployment is good. Maybe allow them to re-deploy a piece of scenery up to 6". Extra AP for the first round. All of these are ideas that can work. I would keep it small but useful. Otherwise once you win you'll just keep winning. Mix up the Plots a bit and keep it to at MOST one Agenda per side. Agendas and Plots together add another level of complexity and time. It's why we don't use Agendas at GenCon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:28 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
In a game where a single D6 is used, a one point difference is quite a huge difference.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:04 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Why not just let the winner of the previous game automatically determine who sets up first?

It's an advantage, yes, but it's not that powerful. After set-up all rolls continue as normal.

Offline Profile