<  Resource Tactics  ~  Getting the most out of Weapons Crate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:12 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Weapons Crate is a great little offering. While it neatly offers enhancement on 4 results out of 6 for Howler, it can really buff a Team that is built to exploit it.

Take Dr Red, Guerilla, Howler and Gentleman, and suddenly you have 4 ARC models at EL 6 who can all benefit from the contents. Of those, 2 models can benefit from results 2-6 (Gentleman and Dr Red), while all may benefit from results 2-5. What it does is either add a firepower :ENG Action, or with luck +1 :ENG , all for the cost of a few Move* Actions and 1 Resource point. Basically a firebase tactic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:11 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 93Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 am
I had great success with the weapon crate in my last game (a bit over a week ago). Dr Red scored the AK, but I had also considered that Chimp Chi can just about start on top of it if you're willing to take the risk, and turn him into a nice little sniper.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:35 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Unfortunately Chimp Chi doesn't have Weapon Master (required for all bonuses).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:19 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 93Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 am
Damn good job I didn't try for it then :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:12 am
Okay, trying this out proves it has limitations. It isn't suited for Plots requiring your Team to Move/redeploy quickly (Take & Hold; Escape as the Escapee) since it hands initiative to your opponent; but in a game such as Smackdown! or as an Interceptor in Escape it may give some extra options.

Stuff to consider:
Give yourself good sightlines - if possible place the crate where you can both target your enemy to a range of 8-12 inches, while keeping clearance from cover of ideally at least 6 inches.
You will be weakened against Close Combat, hence the neccessity of good sightlines above.
Choose Agendas that fit this tactic - ones that can be completed from the firebase position.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:30 am
SidekickPosts: 63Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 4:37 am
Hi Team Pulp,

Just checking I've been using the Weapons Crate resource correctly. Do you just make the one Weapon Crate Content roll in the encounter?
Example: Dr Red is the first A.R.C. Supreme to make Base to Base with the crate and rolls a 5. Does this mean that if Howler and Gentleman make Base to Base with the crate later in the same encounter they also get the benefit of the +1 to :ENG for the rest of the encounter? Or should they make a separate roll?

I've been playing it as the one roll... Although out of the three times I've used it, it's been empty twice... :shock:

Cheers

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:51 am
It is just one roll; also note that the roll will be triggered by the first friendly ARC Supreme getting into base to base - even if they lack Weapon Master make the roll then.

The result rolled is then available to any friendly ARC Supreme with sufficient Weapon Master.

You have been unlucky so far is all. :)

That said, don't be deterred as this is one of the best Resources in the game in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:03 am
SidekickPosts: 63Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 4:37 am
Great news. Thanks pulpcitizen.

It is a great resource and I plan to bring Tangent in an A.R.C. Team next time. I can then use her Luck reroll if need be. Not that she can use anything but handy to ensure the crate isn't empty.

Thanks again for the speedy responses.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:40 pm
Felstorm wrote:
Great news. Thanks pulpcitizen.

It is a great resource and I plan to bring Tangent in an A.R.C. Team next time. I can then use her Luck reroll if need be. Not that she can use anything but handy to ensure the crate isn't empty.

Thanks again for the speedy responses.

Don't forget Gentleman. I have only tried he ARC 'gun-monkeys' Team once 9utilising all the weapon master eligible models0, and it is certainly not a well-rounded team, but it can be fun.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:11 am
MortalPosts: 15Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:07 pm
I have a question: I have some problem seeing the utility of the the AK-47 and the Hold-out gun. They dont really add anything and most Suprime have better thing to to whit her AP.Honestly,I dont see thier use.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:19 am
Irall12 wrote:
I have a question: I have some problem seeing the utility of the the AK-47 and the Hold-out gun. They dont really add anything and most Suprime have better thing to to whit her AP.Honestly,I dont see thier use.

These are the models that can use Weapon Crate:

Guerilla: Guerilla does not gain with those two results.
Dr. Red: Both provide Dr. Red with extra Ranged Attacks; AK 47 has better RNG than his Throw then Think.
Howler: Neither will 'jam' as Gun Bravado can.
Gentleman: if not using Sniper rifle, both the Pistols and AK-47 have better range than his Brace of Pistols and allow him to move, which Snipe does not.

The point is that is is merely a Level 1 Resource, yet for 75% of the models that can benefit, 66.67% of the results are positive. The reason it is so cheap is the luck factor.

Remember, any eligible model can benefit, meaning it is worth taking a few ARC Weapon Masters.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:17 pm
MortalPosts: 15Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:07 pm
Allright,thank you for explaning it to me^^

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:36 pm
Irall12 wrote:
Allright,thank you for explaning it to me^^

No worries - hope that helps. :)