<  Resource Tactics  ~  June Summers - Discussion/tips

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:18 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Pulp City has many named characters, but how many aren't supremes? As the only Minion with a name, it's worth taking a look at June Summers, and not just cause the fig is awesome.

Pros:
June allows a supreme team the chance to gain up to 3 additional AGP per game.
Cheap! Only 1 resource point.

Cons:
Fragile. One good hit and she snaps like a twig.

So, what have people's experiences been like? Have you found her useful? How do you keep her alive?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:28 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Keeping her alive? Keep her at the back of the board!

However, that then reduces the AGP gains; however doing so means if you have an Agenda Area or Building/Token etc with 9" of June, she may still be able to pick up 1 or 2 AGP by playing safe.

I often use her to buff my Starting Roll using Streetsmart; not as good as a Power-Up to do so, but sometimes it can mitigate against the risk of a Master Plan landing against you, or balance the loss of your Starting Roll Supreme.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I LOVE June Summers!!

In a game where every AGP matters a 1 point Resource that give you AGP is pure win. Sure you need to give her a body guard but thats what guys like Rook, and Stoner Hawk are for. They'll keep her alive long enough to score you some free Agenda Points. Heck I've had a few games where I knew round 1 I wouldn't win the Plot. So with June in hand I went and fulfilled my Agendas and June gave me enough extra points to win the game.

So in short give her a body guard and get her close to the action. At best she'll earn you 3 extra AGP. At worst you're down a Level 1 minion that your opponent had to take time, energy, and AP to kill off. She's a win/win model in my book.

As a note I'm considering doing a range of Named Citizens. They would be a resource that you'd buy as normal that would allow a citizen on the board a few little tweaks. Could be fun, still testing the idea.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:17 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I hadn't thought of bodyguarding her to try and pick up thoose AGP; with some games next week I may need to try that out!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:34 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Beermonkey:

The idea of a range of named civilians is brilliant! As it is, Civilians are part of what make Pulp City different, and really add to the heroic feel of the game. Something that can let the civilians play a somewhat more important role can only benefit the game further!

Leon:

It goes without saying, but you'll let us know what happens, I hope?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:19 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Too be honest the idea of named citizens was inspired by Scooby Doo. We were thinking of how you'd build them as Supremes and went wait what if you built them as minions. Anyway the idea of the meddling kids as citizens really seemed cool. So we'll see what happens with it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:22 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Sounds like a lot of fun. Are you going to be that campy though, or will they be toned down somewhat from Shaggy and the gang? Also, is June Summers still available?

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:46 am
You know what I'll start another topic on this. I don't want to de-rail this thread more than it has been.

So I'm not sure if June is available still. I'd imagine if she's not available now she will be again. But the plucky reporter is such a comic staple it seems wrong not to have her around.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:55 am
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Beermonkey wrote:
You know what I'll start another topic on this. I don't want to de-rail this thread more than it has been.

So I'm not sure if June is available still. I'd imagine if she's not available now she will be again. But the plucky reporter is such a comic staple it seems wrong not to have her around.

So after reading this I assume that there was a limited run of the June Summers mini that appears in the rulebook but it's not currently available. So does anyone have a suggestion on a reporter/cameraman mini by any company that I can buy as a stand in?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:51 am
baskinders wrote:
Beermonkey wrote:

So after reading this I assume that there was a limited run of the June Summers mini that appears in the rulebook but it's not currently available. So does anyone have a suggestion on a reporter/cameraman mini by any company that I can buy as a stand in?

RAFM do this reporter:

Paige Fox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:20 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
I also have a model from the Superfigs citizen packs, will try to get a pic of her up soonly. I call her... April Winters.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:43 pm
I went for Jane Winters!