<  Resource Tactics  ~  First Aid/Spare parts - Delivery systems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:51 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
In every game, your supremes are going to go down. It's inevitable and there's no way to absolutely avoid it. Truth is, if you can take out all your opponent's supremes without losing anyone, I'd say there's something kinda wrong...

So, with that understanding in mind, let's take a quick look at two of the more invaluable resources: the First Aid Kit and Spare Parts. Both serve a similar purpose, they can heal your supremes and more importantly, they can take an incapacitated supreme and stand them up again.

Before we go into my point on how to deliver them where you need them, let's quickly look at why it's so critical. Is it essential to heal your guys when needed? Absolutely, since you want them to do their jobs for as long as possible. It is good to get them back into the fight? Not always, since they come back with only 1 damage remaining and all it'll take is one good hit to knock them down again. With that fragility in mind, why raise them up again? First, they may be in a safe position and you may be able to further heal them. Second, and more importantly, late in the game, if you're pretty sure your incapacitated level 2 supreme is your opponent's agenda target, you want to make sure that at the end of the game, he's on his feet. AGP are what win this game and you should never forget that.

This brings me to the important question. If you want to use that first aid kit or those spare parts what's the best way to get it quickly to your target?

Traditionally, Androida is often used. She's one of the fastest supremes in the game and no one can match her speed. What's the downside? While she's fast, she's fragile and if you have a downed supreme, it's not unlikely that your opponent will still have more damage potential in that immediate area.

This brings me to the point of this post. I think that it's worth putting some thought into who your medic/repair guy is going to be and I think it may be worth thinking a little creatively. So what do I have in mind:

Vector: I know... I can hear you all asking why he's a better choice then androida. For one thing, he can blink and he's annoying. That means that at any time, he can get anywhere within 9 inches if he runs. Walls? Not an issue. Supremes in the way? Who cares! Is there a pool full of sharks? Not a problem! Next, Vector's place is in the thick of things while Androida is usually on the fringe. It's in the thick of things that you'll probably need that little Pick-Me-Up.

Seabolt: This one's pretty straight forward... between molecular manipulation, his water form, and go with the flow, and like Vector, Annoying, Seabolt is hard to pin down. That mobility coupled with durability is why he's a guy you can count on to get the job done.

I certainly don't think this is a comprehensive list of the only good delivery tools, but I think that this is a subject worth some thoughts. Who do you use, why and what makes them a good choice?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:44 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
A couple of excellent delivery suggestions there. Heavy Metal (and ARC, as well as some other non-Subfaction Teams) may have opportunity for both Resources which is always interesting.

Kitty Cheshire offers pretty good moblity too (although not quite as much as Vector).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:19 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I love using Le Murtiple! He can be in three places at ONCE!! Also you just can't kill the little bugger.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:57 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Wow... Le Murtiple... He's not a charcter I ever really planned to use so he totally slipped my mind, but you're right! Give him a resource and odds are you'll have one of them near the right place, at the right time, and killing all three will be exceptionally hard. Now THAT is a great idea.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:11 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
I think moon child can also fill this roll but im not sure if she covers any of the weakness androdia has.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:05 pm
loudo wrote:
I think moon child can also fill this roll but im not sure if she covers any of the weakness androdia has.

Great addition Loudo. She wasn't out when this discussion began, but I'm glad you suggested her since she's exactly the kind of character I think will work. She's fairly mobile but also has additional defensive abilities such as her ability to Blink as well as her defense against blasts.

I would think that if you want to use her in a role of medic, she'd probably be best in her beast form, but I could see an argument for keeping her humanoid as well.

Finally, as a Blood Watch supreme, Moonchild also has the option of using the Astral Rose to fulfill a similar role which can allow you to give the first aid kit to someone else.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:28 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
cardboardvampire wrote:
loudo wrote:

Great addition Loudo. She wasn't out when this discussion began, but I'm glad you suggested her since she's exactly the kind of character I think will work. She's fairly mobile but also has additional defensive abilities such as her ability to Blink as well as her defense against blasts.

I would think that if you want to use her in a role of medic, she'd probably be best in her beast form, but I could see an argument for keeping her humanoid as well.

Finally, as a Blood Watch supreme, Moonchild also has the option of using the Astral Rose to fulfill a similar role which can allow you to give the first aid kit to someone else.

I used Moonchild in exactly this role (with First aid kit) in my last Battle report; remember though she has to be Moonchild to actually use the Resource...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:01 pm
pulpcitizen wrote:
I used Moonchild in exactly this role (with First aid kit) in my last Battle report; remember though she has to be Moonchild to actually use the Resource...

Hmm... My mistake. I guess I need to read over her card again!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:05 pm
cardboardvampire wrote:
pulpcitizen wrote:

Hmm... My mistake. I guess I need to read over her card again!

It is due to Quadruped, a rare effect to be sure...