<  Resource Tactics  ~  BOOM ARC Minions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:37 pm
MortalPosts: 45Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:56 pm
I don't have my book yet (should be on it's way) but using the beta rules I thought I'd make some minions based on the models I've ordered (see thread in hobby section)

I realise some of this will probably change when I get the book, but I'm hoping thematically they can stay the same :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RC Baboons
Level 1
Brawler
3 models per card (2)

ST: 2 DEF:2 Damage: 1

Wallcrawler (0), Throw Weapon (1)

Baboons that have been liberated from Pulp City Zoo and harnessed with a simple device that allows their controller to point them in the right direction, as well as giving them mild shocks to make them angry! Sadly, they are still very primitive and as such retain their tendency to throw their own waste at things they find a bit too intimidating to engage fully

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advanced Training Special Weapons Monkeys
Level 1
Blaster
2 models per card

EN: 2 DEF: 2 Damage:1

Fire (0),Ray (1), Suicidal (2)

Dr Red took pity on these little guys for being so utterly, utterly pathetically weak and small. After a short introduction to flame weapons the little guys felt a new lease on their potential for violence and eagerly enter battle to prove their worth to their larger brethren. Sadly, they do not have the know how to maintain their weapons and generally end up as smoldering piles of monkey fur. They still create a great distraction as well as providing some relaxing mid-battle entertainment.

Augmented Baboon Commando Warriors
Level 2
Brawler
3 Models per card (2)

ST:4(2) DEF:3 (1) Damage: 3

Blitzer 1(0), Pack Tactics (1)

Having enjoyed success with Ape-Bot, Virus and Dr Red decided to turn their attention to augmenting some of their more intelligent minions. Of the baboon pack released from Pulp City Zoo, an elite few were chosen to undergo augmentation. Increasing their brain capacity allowed them coordinate their attacks and various muscle and limb augmentations increased their physical strength and stamina, turning them into relatively successful shock troops.

Curiously Violent George
Level 2
Brawler
1 Model per card (-2)

ST:5(3) DEF:2 Damage:8

Big (1), Survival 2 (2), Hard to kill (2)

The success of Virus and Dr Red's augmented baboon 'ABC Warriors' got their imaginations running riot, and Curiously Violent George was born. Of the few Gorillas liberated, George was the best physical specimen and the only one considered strong enough to undergo the augmentations Dr Red and Virus had planned. What they created is a veritable tank of a beast, relatively unwieldy in battle but strong and tough enough to take on even Iron Train.

This is so much fun!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:20 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I just want to say that I LOVE Curiously Violent George.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:40 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
I love them all :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:20 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:52 pm
I do like curiously violent george, and I feel I'm gonna get no end of abuse if I get struck down by a baboon flinging poo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:26 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
These are awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:43 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
The rules in the book are different, but you've got the right idea here.

What models will you be using?

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW