<  Resource Tactics  ~  BOOM - AE-WWII!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:02 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
As usual I have a plethora of random projects on the go, and more than a couple are Pulp-City Orientated.

Unfortunately I am not exactly overwhelmed with ideas when it comes to designing my own Minions - they all come out looking the same (to me) LoL!

So, I am enlisting your help!

I need BOOM suggestions for the following - All WII Based.

US Airborne armed with M1 Carbines (I'm thinking two to a Card), GI's armed with M1 Garands (I'm thinking three to a Card).

Wehrmacht Soldiers armed with StG44's (Like the US Airborne, two to a Card), and 3 Volkssturm Militia armed with GEW 43's (Like the GI's three to a Card).

Yes its all centered around AE-WWII - and beyond these four sets of Minions everything else is "going to plan" but any other ideas/thoughts/interest would of course be welcome!

Thanks in Advance - DW

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:20 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
The Airborne and Wehrmacht I would do as Brawlers with Hurl Weapon, and GI's and Volksturm as Blasters.

US Airborne/Wehmacht
Level 1 Brawler
:STR 2
:DEF 2
M1 [] M2 []
Deadly Rush, Deflect 1 (represents using cover etc), Hurl Weapon, Advanced Scout

GI/Volksturm
Level 1 Blaster
:ENG 2
M1 [] M2 [] M3 []
Deflect 1 (represents using cover etc), Firepower, Long Shot

If you wanted to 'beef up' the Airborne then consider:

US Airborne/Wehmacht
Level 2 Brawler
:STR 3
:DEF 3
M1 [] [] [] M2 [] [] []
Deadly Rush, Deflect 1 (represents using cover etc), Hurl Weapon, Advanced Scout, Solo

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:10 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Thats (pretty much) what I ended up with, and what I'm writing now doesn't' reflect on your skills/knowledge of Pulp City (it's just me being the uber picky sort).

Whilst GI's and Volksturm would be roughly the same in such a narrowly focused way of doing things as BOOM is - Wehmacht Troops should be more skilled than US Airborne Troops IMHO.

But I can't get them looking "right" to my eye (I am aware I don't make sense LoL, so no need to point that out he, he, he)

I may go this way -

US Airborne
Level 1 Brawler
:STR 2
M1 [] M2 []
Deadly Rush, Deflect 1 (represents using cover etc), Hurl Weapon, Advanced Scout

Wehmacht
Level 2 Brawler
:STR 3
:DEF 3
M1 [] [] [] M2 [] [] []
Deadly Rush, Deflect 1 (represents using cover etc), Hurl Weapon, Advanced Scout, Solo

GI's/Volksturm
Level 1 Blaster
:ENG 2
M1 [] M2 [] M3 []
Deflect 1 (represents using cover etc), Firepower, Long Shot

Whats it all for? All will be revealed later . . .

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Don't forget, the difference between the L1 and L2 builds is very big; effectively 3+ extra Damage to drop them.

If you want Wehrmacht as superior, maybe keep them as L1 and use 1 per card and adding Solo.

That will be less cost-efficient, but will keep them slightly more in line with the Airborne/L1 profile.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:50 am
German Troops WERE Superior LoL, Germans worked on the principle of few really well trained Soldiers - whereas the US were OK trained (except for GI's LoL)

I must admit I was "at odds" with them having more than one Damage point.

It's spending the MP's that always gets me (or more correctly the lack of MP's to spend LoL)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:17 pm
I'm actually thinking now of re-naming the Minion Cards, Allied Troopers, Allied Commandos, Axis Troopers, Axis Commandos - it has a more "comic-book" feel to it, and covers more options!

Sovereign (for example) backed up by some British Tommies (Allied Troopers)

Offline Profile WWW