<  Conventions, Shows & Tournaments  ~  Salute 2010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:42 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I am going to this show (Saturday April 24th, London). My first Salute, which is a major non-GW minis/tabletop gaming show in the UK.

Lots I am looking forwards to; especially that there will be some Pulp City presence. :)

So guys, if anyone else is going and wants to catch up, please feel free to PM me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:49 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
I'll be there dude! :D

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:32 am
Hopefully I'll be able to grab some pulp city minis :D

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:43 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
darth tater wrote:
Hopefully I'll be able to grab some pulp city minis :D

Maybe PM Morf ahead of the show with some needs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:42 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
I won't :(

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:39 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I'll be there in :SPT !

Probably not what you were looking for. Have a good time and post up some photo's for your friends across the pond.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:37 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
I'll be there in :SPT !

Probably not what you were looking for. Have a good time and post up some photo's for your friends across the pond.

Will do. If there are any sneak peaks I'll do my best (or at least I will get my friend Rob to distract Morf while I snap away! :P ).

There are some Hasslefree minis (Big Mutants) coming out then which will be perfect for the BOOM rules so I hope to get them, which reminds me of something I need to ask you...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:04 pm
Quoted from frothers:

Morf wrote:
So if that volcano thing doesn't stop the planes again, I'll be hanging out around MaxMini booth, with some limited amounts of older stuff and new items hot and fresh from Griffin's.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:03 pm
Was a great day!

met Morf, he helped me convince my buddy to get some minis!

I got some heroes and my mate villains! :D

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:04 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
darth tater wrote:
Was a great day!

met Morf, he helped me convince my buddy to get some minis!

I got some heroes and my mate villains! :D

Im so jealous LoL!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:30 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Did either of you pick up some of the new release models (Kitty/Vector or Sanguine/Zed)? I'm interested to find out what they do.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:14 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I wouldn't worry to much about that dboeren, the cards will probably be posted when Morf gets home, or soon after. But here is a brief run down for you.

Super Zed: He's a Zombie Superman, nuff said. He flys, shoots beams out his eyes, beats things to death. Oh and has more Damage than any other model to date.

Sanguine: He's a vampire, with terrible mental powers. At night he grows stronger and has more damage potential. Can turn to mist etc... Plus he's got a little zombie dog that loves him, and will eat you.

Kitty Cheshire: She's fast, can teleport and disappear. She's tricky and very flexible. Probably one of the most unpredictable opponents you'll have to face. Lot's of fun here.

Vector: He's well, Tron like. Energy Blasts, Energy Blades, and he can summon up digital constructs to boost his power/protect himself and others. Very good all around kinda guy.

Hope that gives you a little taste of what's to come. Zed and Sanguine are much needed Necroplane models and will bring a lot to team with Dr. T and Mourn. Lots to love here for us undead fans. The others are unaligned and Hero/Villain to boot so if you like the model you can find a place for them no matter what your choosen side/faction.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:32 am
dboeren wrote:
Did either of you pick up some of the new release models (Kitty/Vector or Sanguine/Zed)? I'm interested to find out what they do.

As Devon says, the cards will be posted on later. I'd like to get Vector painted this week.

I had 30 minutes of chat with Morf which I hope to get published as an interview article sometime soon. It was great to meet him in person.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:50 am
As for Salute in general? It was my first and I really enjoyed it. I went with my main gaming buddy Rob and we both found lots to look at and buy. traders and demonstrators were friendly and helpful.

Things that really caught my eye:
- a Star Wars Lego tabletop battle game: brillaint idea!
- Alkemy: there were a lot of things about the rules that sound novel and cool; the feline-race minis really took the eye of Rob and me, and the models on the whole look fatastic
- Tablescape doing laser-cut wood terrain; cheap and efefctive looking; nothing really suitable for Pulp City yet, but who know in time?
- some great tables and scenery sets
- the difference between Privateer and GW: Privateer looked to have won out in effort, having demo games, a painting area as well as the retail stand; GW seemed to be there just for presence and sales - not the most positive attitude I feel

Stuff I picked up, besides the PC stuff:
- Maxmini: some pieces (crates and barrels) to throw around the table
- Hasslefree: Mutants Grant and Joe; they will be used as Minions no doubt
- the Salute mini: robot and space girl; the robot will be a Minion for sure
- Heresy: Van Halfling and a not-Orko (from not-MotU I guess); just because they look fun
- Atenociti's some windows and doors for a cottage building (probably for Confrontation) and the new GoT police officer (male) and Fembot (the latter a certain Minion, no doubt)
- Confrontation: of course I am getting into C3 years after it went away, so bargain bin hunting (Got a Devourers Flesh Eaters box, some Mid Nor packs, some Cynwall, and Abberation Prime and did a swap of some other minis to get Worg and an L.E. Wolfen)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:12 am
A couple of pics on my latest blog post: here.