<  Conventions, Shows & Tournaments  ~  Salute 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:53 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Tritonius pics:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:18 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Tritonius certainly looks like a brute!

Sounds like you had a great time too.

I remember checking out Alkemy at Gencon a couple years ago. It does have some interesting ideas, but they haven't moved forward as much with it as I would have hoped (very slow release rate). Personally, it's toad-men or nothing for me :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:36 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Tritonius looks awesome!

I also picked Alkemy a while back. It was GenCon 08. The releases have been really slow. I stopped keeping up to see what is new.

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:40 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
I have Khalimans and my friend John (who is still resisting Pulp City the git) has Auroks, the games play isn't particularly demanding - but its a fun game.

Its a shame they haven't done more with it tbh.

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:28 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
That is a cool sculpt for Tritonius. I think he is going to be a popular supreme.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:39 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Yeah the big T is a real brute. Hard to believe just looking at him that he's only a Lvl. 1 Supreme. I agree with Larb I think he's going to be pretty popular. Especially once the big Invasion kicks off this summer.

Alchemy looked cool but I knew I just couldn't commit to it with Pulp taking up so much of my time. Glad I didn't, it seems to be one of those games that's going no where. No propotion, no media, no releases. Real shame seemed like it had some fun concepts and neat minis.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:05 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 28Location: Sandhausen (Germany)Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 pm
No constant releases are often like death sentence in our area. that's not only the problem of alchemy, the german system "Götterdämmerung" will share it's fate.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:17 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Beermonkey wrote:
Yeah the big T is a real brute. Hard to believe just looking at him that he's only a Lvl. 1 Supreme. I agree with Larb I think he's going to be pretty popular. Especially once the big Invasion kicks off this summer...

He is one of my favourites to be sure. Looks like a James Van Schaik sculpt to my eye; and one that nicely adds to the 'spandex' ranks in Pulp City. A really nice blocky model that will contrast well with the rest of the range.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:52 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Level 1? I would never have guessed.

Yeah, sadly some games look good but never really get their act together. It's a shame, but there are so many genuinely good games that I don't feel the loss much. I can't play all the games I've got enough now!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:01 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Alchemy looked cool but I knew I just couldn't commit to it with Pulp taking up so much of my time.

I got the set, played ONE game with them undercoated - then found Pulp City - and put them away LMAO!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:36 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
dboeren wrote:
Level 1? I would never have guessed.

Level 1 and he has a bushel of tricks up his sleeve.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:37 pm
Invader Larb wrote:
Level 1 and he has a bushel of tricks up his sleeve.

Ah, Bushel - a great word you rarely hear these days . . . .

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:41 pm
Indeed. He is one of my very favorite supremes to be released in the near future.

Offline Profile