<  Conventions, Shows & Tournaments  ~  Pulp City GenCon 2010

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:56 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
On the road to GenCon, we are starting to warm up the engines and will be posting more and more details.

Booth: As you know, we'll have a splendid booth company this year!
Hell Dorado, AE-WWII, Anima Tactics, AE-Bounty, Pulp City and maybe more... actually I am pretty sure there will be more.
We'll have demos, raffles and friendly Heralds all day through!

First Pulp City Tournament: Make it grand!

What you need: Level 6 Hero or Villain Team with a sideboard (Level 1 and Level 2). All so far release Supremes may be used with the exception of Red Baron. BOOM creation rules may be used.

The miniatures need to be at least assembled, painting is more than welcome.
Third party miniatures may be used only for Minions. Supremes must be genuine Pulp City miniatures.

What you get: There will be 4 prizes:

1st: Herald Miniature, 3 new exclusive miniatures (look for the previews in June) and 6 Pulp City expansion boxes released in the post-GenCon waves.

2nd: 3 new exclusive miniatures and Pulp City expansion boxes released in the post GenCon wave.

3rd: 3 new exclusive miniatures

Best painted Pulp City Team: prize to be announced.

Ulthar Invasion: Your chance to save or destroy Pulp City. Heroes and Villains against two Ulthar hit teams. Your chance to test out Ulthar fully playable sub-faction and even witness the power of their Level 3, the Aquarius Warlord.

I will be updating all the events with precise schedules and room numbers.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:01 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
WOW! :shock:

It looks like things are going great and big on the Pulp City front at Gencon.

Wish it was somewhere I could be - I hope everyone who goes has a great time.

:shock: Great, great prizes.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:29 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Awesome! I'll be around to help when needed - I am doing Hardcore Saturday, but don't have much scheduled otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:54 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Sideboard! Interesting. When do you decide on your sideboard usage? After seeing opponent's team? After the scenario is revealed?

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:21 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
The idea is you will choose the Level 6 Team from the 9 Levels of minis you have to choose from. You'll be able to assemble your team and choose agendas once you determine what table you'll be playing at. Each table will have it's own Plot. So you find that you'll be playing a Take and Hold Scenario, from there customize your team and choose agendas. You opponent will do the same. Then the battle begins.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:45 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Makes me wish I lived Stateside LoL!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:51 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
Doctor-Warlock wrote:
Makes me wish I lived Stateside LoL!

I hear that! :cry:

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:25 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
The idea is you will choose the Level 6 Team from the 9 Levels of minis you have to choose from. You'll be able to assemble your team and choose agendas once you determine what table you'll be playing at. Each table will have it's own Plot. So you find that you'll be playing a Take and Hold Scenario, from there customize your team and choose agendas. You opponent will do the same. Then the battle begins.

Makes sense.

Also, not to jumpt he gun, but does that mean that, as a general rule, players will be picking Agendas in addition to the ones delineated in the scenario description? I had earlier guessed we wouldn't pick additional agendas, just go with the agenda points listed in the scenario.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:08 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Hey, we drive on the correct side of the road over here, too!

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:18 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Sounds sweet. Wish I could be there...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:37 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Sounds cool, I'm going to do my best to attend but I may be needed to work in another event at the same time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:08 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
dboeren wrote:
Sounds cool, I'm going to do my best to attend but I may be needed to work in another event at the same time.

Busy Bee LoL!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:45 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Can't help it since I'm working now as a game designer on Uncharted Seas. If there are enough folks to handle running the US tournament and answering rules questions that come up then I may be free. But, I don't know yet how many guys might be coming over from England for the con so it's up in the air.

Either way I'll be having a good time, but only one way could net me some free superhero toys :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:56 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
LOL. I know what you mean!

I'll be in the booth a lot with Darkson, but I think I'm busy the whole time running AE events too. We should have a Pulp City game designers invitational. Or maybe just a GDA (Game Designers Anonymous) meeting at the Ram:

"Hi, my name is Chris and I haven't played more than one game of the game I've been writing rules for in a month because I'm so busy writing rules and background. Oh wait, sorry, gotta check the test forums again...

"HI CHRIS."

:D

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:27 pm
HeraldPosts: 16Location: AkronJoined: Sun May 09, 2010 8:12 am
I am excited for gencon. I will be there with BountyhunterQ and will be avaliable to help out also.

Offline Profile