<  Conventions, Shows & Tournaments  ~  Pulp City GenCon 2010

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:31 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Just made it home after 20 hours of driving back. Was SUCH an amazing time. I had a blast meeting everyone. So many wonderful folks I'm just sad we don't get to hang out more often. I'll post more thoughts later but I've been up for 30+ hours so it's bed time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:33 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Sleep Well my friend :)

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:33 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Yeah, no kidding. I sent BM a text while I was only a few miles from home and he had just barely started.

Airplanes rule. lol

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:41 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
varagon wrote:
Yeah, no kidding. I sent BM a text while I was only a few miles from home and he had just barely started.

Airplanes rule. lol

LoL!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:16 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
The really awful part for BeerMonkey is that he did the drive with Jason, so the 30 hours was really more like 60. He's already worked a full week and it's not even Tuesday yet! Poor little Mainer :D

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:39 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 130Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm
I really hope to take a trip to gencon next year, if I can spare the cash for it its tax-deductable for me even.. combine that with not having had a true vacation for 10 years now, its not a bad idea at all :)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:40 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Keep rubbing it in Chris. :STR

Melvin you should make every effort to come next year! It's such a blast hanging out with everyone. People keep asking me did you play anything cool. I have to say no. The only game I played was a starter box game of Hell Dorado with Hell Dorado Bob (aka. Varagon). Thank again to Larkin Vain for letting me defile his Lost box set.

The rest of the con was just meeting and talking games with everyone. Can't wait to do it again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:57 pm
SidekickPosts: 60Location: Rockville, MD, USAJoined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:07 am
It really was a great time. Demo trench-time with Beermonkey and Varagon was great! Hard to have better company when standing on concrete floors for hours on-end! :)

Aaron

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:41 pm
Can't agree more! The people are what made the Con.

And thanks again to you for breaking the BOOM rules. We'll be fixing that mess right away.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:47 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
And thanks again to you for breaking the BOOM rules. We'll be fixing that mess right away.

What did he do :?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:03 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Beermonkey wrote:
Can't agree more! The people are what made the Con.

Curious about this also.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:06 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
I remember seeing about 12-15 minions in his team. I believe they were level 1 Minions, 3 per card. In one game, they were used as meat shields. Otherwise, I wasn't positive what they did.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:20 pm
Totengraber wrote:
I remember seeing about 12-15 minions in his team. I believe they were level 1 Minions, 3 per card. In one game, they were used as meat shields. Otherwise, I wasn't positive what they did.

Holy F'ing Crap Batman!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:27 pm
SidekickPosts: 60Location: Rockville, MD, USAJoined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:07 am
They were all AP generators. I don't know if they were the best use of resources or not, but I never had to worry about having enough AP for my Supremes (just their capacity to actually USE all the AP).

I had 15 - 18 of them per game, so 7 - 9 extra AP in the pool.

Aaron

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:33 pm
Kin'El!

Offline Profile WWW