<  Conventions, Shows & Tournaments  ~  Pulp City GenCon 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:14 pm
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
skrivanek wrote:
It really was a great time. Demo trench-time with Beermonkey and Varagon was great! Hard to have better company when standing on concrete floors for hours on-end! :)

Aaron

Yeah, it was a great time.

We have to do something about the concrete floor thing next year. I might pony up and bring a mat to stand on for the demo guys.

I'll probably be driving next year so I can bring a better demo board for AE-WWII and Bounty. Should be easy to fit that in the back of the van.

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:34 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
abbysdad wrote:
skrivanek wrote:
It really was a great time. Demo trench-time with Beermonkey and Varagon was great! Hard to have better company when standing on concrete floors for hours on-end! :)

Aaron

Yeah, it was a great time.

We have to do something about the concrete floor thing next year. I might pony up and bring a mat to stand on for the demo guys.

I'll probably be driving next year so I can bring a better demo board for AE-WWII and Bounty. Should be easy to fit that in the back of the van.

That would be great. I'd buy you a drink for it. lol

BountyHQ, Beermonkey and I were discussing demo boards as well. Let's blow all other companies out of the water next time!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:03 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
At least you got to store your stuff at the booth though. I got awfully tired of toting all my stuff 3 blocks back and forth to the hotel every day.

Maybe look into some good innersoles for next year too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:11 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
You're right about that. Hauling stuff around gets old fast. Time to invest in a little push cart or the like.

Sorry we never got a change to exchange some one on one game time Dboeren. Would have liked to have tried out some Firestorm Invasion, or Armada.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:58 pm
My standard loadout for the con was two rolling crates (they each hold 2 stacks of foam about 16" high and one has a side pocket), a 12x12x18" cardboard box on top of one with terrain and supplies, and a backpack. Unless I can get something motorized, I think I'm near the limit for a one-man transport. :) A pushcart might work, but I'd need to plan my route to avoid any stairs or escalators.

Next year, let's see if we can plan an evening for the Pulp City, AE-WWII, and Spartan folks to get together and do some casual gaming/demos/whatever in the evenings after the dealer room closes. Such an obvious idea in hindsight!

I got all my Pulp City models assembled last night, hooray! I'll start painting tonight.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:54 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
That's cool.

We've been talking about an Invitational Event where the AE, Pulp City, crews and friends can get together and actually play a few of our games together. Maybe Wed. night before madness truly sets in. You'll be on the list when it gets made my friend.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:05 am
Sounds good to me, sign me up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:33 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Yep. Not sure what it will be but I know three things for sure:

1 - We will have some padding on the floor in the booth next year.

2 - It takes people to get people. I have a vision of a huge skirmish gaming, maybe even linked scenarios, so that everyone gets to have fun before the madness begins. The pictures and the event promotion would be great, and it would be a nice reward to the fans and booth monkeys that come in early.

3 - We need to get Devon drunk in a public place. I consider this a moral imperative.

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:36 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Pulp City lead:

All my PC stuff I picked up through Herald Points or purchases. Let me know if you want a closer pick of one of them.

Non PC stuff:
2 boxes of AE: WWII starters (Germans and Americans)
3 boxes of Helldorado (Seracens, Immortals, Westerners, and Augustinius for Westerners)
Reaper: Two blisters of robots (one with 3 and one with 4 models in it)
Privateer Press: Skrullg and the two new razor jawed bonejacks

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:45 am
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
That's cool.

We've been talking about an Invitational Event where the AE, Pulp City, crews and friends can get together and actually play a few of our games together. Maybe Wed. night before madness truly sets in. You'll be on the list when it gets made my friend.

That is an awesome idea. I have already wife approval for funds to be there next year and I would love to do that.

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:34 am
Larkin Vain wrote:
[

That is an awesome idea. I have already wife approval for funds to be there next year and I would love to do that.

That's funny. I've got wife denial already for next year. I'll see what I can do to change that. Money is not an issue...it's the fact that I was gone and she wasn't, and she isn't a gamer so she doesn't understand.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:18 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
I share your pain brother.

My hardsell.... involves thousands of dollars in airfares...

Drop kids off at disney land ...

Wife in NYC with credit cards...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:19 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
My Mrs has no issues with it at all (in fact she wants to come with me) the main problem is my Fathers health.

If I went and he had problems whilst I was away I would never forgive myself, y'know?

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 am
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
Yep, family is more important than even Gen Con...but just barely. :lol:

Generally speaking, I have standing approval to go to Gen Con. Luckily, I am local, so I don't have airfare or hotel bills.

I'd be in for an "invitational".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:37 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
TG IT KILLED ME not to go.

I took my NetBook with me down my Dads just in case updates came, it was soooo frustrating LoL!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW