<  Conventions, Shows & Tournaments  ~  First Ever PULP CITY TOURNAMENT AT GENCON 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:57 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Is it possible to get the full scenario rules posted?

Or are they in the book?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:23 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
dboeren wrote:
Is it possible to get the full scenario rules posted?

Or are they in the book?

Plots and Agenda rules will be in the book. Specific Plots (there are 6) can fit with all sorts of Agenda combos.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:01 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
We just used the 6 Plots from the book. Each table was one of those Plots.

Desert board for Quest (retrieve the core of the wrecked spacecraft).
Forest board for Invasion (Zombie attack!)
Open urban board for Defend or Destroy (Apebot wrecked the house, literally, on this one)
Urban intersection board for King of the Hill
Urban one lane road board for Escape
Warehouse parking lot board for Smackdown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:38 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Totengraber wrote:
Paul had Hellsmith and a number of Minions to Devour* along with some other Villains.

Specifically, I brought:
Hellsmith (fighting with one hand tied behind his back - because I dropped my fig case walking around the con. Duh.)
Nuke (MVP)
Sanguine (day)
Howler
plus
Mourn (subbed in for Howler when fighting Heavy Metal)
Boreas

And I did have up to six Forgotten Cultist BOOM minions to generate AP/sacrifice/devour, yes. But I freely admit I stole the idea from Aaron, who took it to the logical extreme.

Please note, I also had a perfect record during the tourney: three games, three losses. (Two were down to the wire, though.)

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:16 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
here's a few from the convention my buddies sent me from the tournament:

The demos at the booth:
ImageDisclaimer: I wasn't there and these aren't my pictures - so if you backtrack using the links to look at all the other pictures, I'm not responsible for any rifts caused in the space/time continuum... The ugly red headed guy is our own Redheaded Stepchild Herald, though :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:37 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Can anyone identify the origins/source of that yellow phone box or the green bench?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:31 pm
I got them at a local Hobby Town USA. It is a set of park benches, trash cans, mail boxes and a phone booth along with a few people figures as well made by "Model Power". I found this store to show you better the contents:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/mdp/mdp6061.htm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:35 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
BountyhunterQ wrote:

Hey, that was my fight against Heavy Metal. You can see on the left my Hellsmith, who is so awesome he decided he didn't even need a second hand to take out the witless heroes.

Note 1: Actually, his hand fell off. I got the model from Maryland to Indiana, all the way to the convention hall, and I accidentally dropped the case walking to my first Pulp City event. The only casualty was Hellsmith's hammer and hand falling off. Feh!

Note 2: I totally lost that game. Just couldn't bring down the buildings in time! also, Nuclear Jones is all man.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:16 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
@ Scorpio - what buildings are you using?

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:48 pm
The buildings used in the tournament were a mix of o-scale railroad stuff and a couple of Armorcast resin buildings. The red brick ones are the Armorcast ones.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:52 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Totengraber wrote:
The buildings used in the tournament were a mix of o-scale railroad stuff and a couple of Armorcast resin buildings. The red brick ones are the Armorcast ones.

Cheers dude, they're nice!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:09 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
As a note ALL of Todd's boards and terrain was first rate. He really went above and beyond to make Pulp City look like a cool place. Kudo's to you again my friend.

Scorpio: Dude that fight went bad for you quick! I was sad to see Hellsmith brought low by a building! A :DEF 8 building with only 15 Damage! What a shame. Course Mourn did Man Up for you and lay some hurt on the Train. So be proud of that. Next year bigger hammer...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:02 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
As a note ALL of Todd's boards and terrain was first rate. He really went above and beyond to make Pulp City look like a cool place. Kudo's to you again my friend.

Thanks, man!