<  Conventions, Shows & Tournaments  ~  Gen Con 2011

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:38 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I was looking through the catalog for Gen Con Events and noticed that there were no Pulp City events listed. Is anyone running anything? A scenario or tournament or something?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:13 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Do not fear!

I believe Todd and the others will be along shortly to post news. I'm pretty sure they're in the same boat we are at Darkson. We're running events at GenCon, but with the TTG, outside of the normal GenCon system. We're waiting on GenCon to get back to TTG with dates and times, so, I imagine Todd is waiting too.

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:12 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
okay, you guys will probably be in the second round of events that get released.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:23 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Glad to hear there will be a presence. I don't know if I'll be able to attend any events since I'll be busy running Spartan stuff but at the least I'll drop by the booth.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:41 pm
I wish I knew the date and times of the events. event reg opens on Sunday and I like to have all my events lined out before then otherwise I end up having to return something or just miss out on it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:43 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
I'm sorry. I thought I posted these already.

A lot of what I'm doing this year is similar to last year. Yes, the events are run through TTG and not part of the event schedule. Since we're partnered with The War Store, I believe they are going to be advertising the events on their website and probably in their newsletter. I'll repost them here as well (of course!).

- Intro games (6 players, one table, 2 hours) twice every morning except Sunday from 8am to noon

- Scenario (12 players, one board, 4 hours) Friday night at 6pm

- Tournament (12 players, 6 levels (with an extra 3 level sideboard), 4 hours) Saturday night at 6pm

More details will be posted soon.

Thanks,
Todd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:41 am
Awesome, I will keep Sat night open.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:15 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Really looking forward to the evening events. They were a LOT of fun last year. Was sooo cool to hang out with other Pulp City fans and watch the mayhem.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:05 pm
MortalPosts: 20Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:03 pm
Registered for the tourney and Monster Smash!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:22 pm
My son and I got tickets and there are 8 left.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:42 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Location: New Jersey, home of addiction.Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm
You made my day Toten I was fearing I wouldn't be able to play Pulp City due to such a high volume of events mid day on fri and sat. But having tournament at 6 means I can play/support ALL of the games that i love. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:31 am
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
Looks like the tournament is actually listed as a second "Monster Smash". Dammit!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:14 pm
you can go in and have them change it still

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:46 pm
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
I am signed up for the Saturday night tourney! Now the only question is do I bring necroplane or dinosaurs...

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:28 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Location: New Jersey, home of addiction.Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm
Signed up for saturday, I believe along with two friends. Can't wait to play I had a blast last year!