<  Conventions, Shows & Tournaments  ~  Gen Con 2011

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:40 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
BountyhunterQ wrote:
Just don't expect to see us wielding any lightsabers anytime soon!

Yeah, I'm excited and pretty happy we've got tix for the Monster Smash (although, I'll gladly hand my spot to a bystander when the time comes). I'll make sure to introduce myself Beermonkey!

Believe it or not, the actor that played Bobba Fet is coming to the Pittsburgh Toy and Comic Con on July 29th. It will be the first con my kids have ever gone to. Should be a fun time for all of us.

I am stoked about the GenCon too. Things are lining up in so many ways to make this a fantastic time to game, have fun and hang out with good friends. I can't wait :)

Cheers,

Chris

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:54 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
hapotte wrote:
Will there be a teaser of what's going to be available for gencon this year? And a price for the items?

Bump!

Just weeks away now. Any official word on what specifically will be available to buy, and how much cash to give our ninja shoppers?

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:21 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Wish I knew. I'll try and get hold of Morf for some answers. Unfortunately he's on vacation so that could be rough. Hang on...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:54 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Hi guys - seeking a ninja shopper attending Gencon (there is an Anima Tactics mini I want and maybe some other stuff); if anyone can help me out on this that would be great.

Thanks in advance. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:21 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Any further word on whether the Pulp Monster will be available and how much it will cost? Ninja Shopper needs to know...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Looks like most of the new stuff will not be available at GenCon. Looks like just Perun and Sovereign will be there. The rest of the stuff is waiting on castings. Wan't told the prices but as these two minis are the only Direct Only/Exclusives you might want to pick them up in person if you can. Or get a ninja :AGL.

Good news is the sculpts for a TON of new stuff are ready. Cards are ready. So look for a general release shortly after the Con. Plus of course we'll be posting up a bunch of information on the Monsters.

As for prices don't know for sure but based on standard Pulp Prices $10 or so per figure for Sovereign and Perun seems about right. Hope this helps guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:47 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
I think a lot of little publishers are in the same boat. Booth fees, shipping fees, travel, and per diem are killing everyone, not to mention the day - to- day operation expenses.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:06 am
Yeah...not to mention the wonderful :roll: customer service with GenCon makes it so easy to drop many thousand US$ on a booth, shipping, hotels, etc. It's a mess.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of the great things coming from Pulp City come the Fall! And Perun and Sovereign aren't too shabby either. I'll be glad to pick those up at the con.

Cheers,

Chris

Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:13 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
:(

Ah well. Looking forward to monstrous times...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:11 pm
We'll be previewing some Monsters no Doubt. In fact I'm just putting polish to the Beasts and a whole new Monster Plot/Agenda system, the Mayhem Deck. You'll get plenty of pics and maybe more. Melvin is hard at work as we speak creating a Monster Creation Sheet. It'll have all the rules and info you need to build a custom Monster. So you guys won't be disappointed. Lots of good stuff and tons in the pipe but production snags have been horrible.

Its sad that in this economy people thing they can do sloppy work then raise their prices. Like that will keep you solvent. Whatever happened to honest pay for honest work. I don't get the thinking sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:36 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
It'd be nice to get a price quote for Perun/Sovreign, too, so I can give my ninja-shoppers the proper amount. If I give them too much, they'd blow the rest on ale and whores.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:48 pm
Who wouldn't?!

I'll check into it for you guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:56 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Scorpio wrote:
It'd be nice to get a price quote for Perun/Sovreign, too, so I can give my ninja-shoppers the proper amount. If I give them too much, they'd blow the rest on ale and whores.

Just make sure it's in the right order.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:13 am
Quick question for the side board, Re: Sanguine.

If I take a level 1 day sanguine, does that mean I can always choose to include the level 2 night sanguine? Or do I need to include level 2 sanguine in my sideboard to have the option of using either model?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:34 am
Sideboard. They are technically different Supremes.