<  Conventions, Shows & Tournaments  ~  Gen Con 2011

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:26 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
+1... of course killing the monster takes priority, though!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:20 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
pulpcitizen wrote:
abbysdad wrote:
I will ask Morf if we can take pictures and post them. So far, I've posted a few shots on my fb page. But I'd like to share it with the board too. Some bits and bobs from the con so far:

The mayhem deck for the pulp monster sounds better and better the more Beermonkey and Morf talk about it. These will not be one dimensional monsters that stomp around and smash things stupidly. Although, you can play them that way if you choose to :)

Foxy Blade is an amazing miniature. I can't wait to buy her when she is available in an expansion pack.

The Little Asia figures are AWESOME! I will need to buy them too.

The plans for the new starters and minis coming out soon are great. The game is about to get a lot easier to introduce to new players. And several of the new figures will be a lot of fun in established teams too.

More later if they let me! Gotta get back to running the AE tourney ;)

Cheers,

Chris

We need pics Chris! :)

I want to second that! I really want to see what the little Asia figs are like!

:) So anyone have any reports on how the tourney went?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:19 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
I've got the scoop on first, second, and third, but I'll let those who were there come in with the details. :D

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:03 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
varagon wrote:
I've got the scoop on first, second, and third, but I'll let those who were there come in with the details. :D

Tease... At least tell me they were from the forums... Although, it would be kinda funny if it's someone from outside this community.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:29 pm
MortalPosts: 20Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:03 pm
I believe they were all either forum members or lurkers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:44 pm
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
I'm sure Morf will be along to post things once he recovers from the gencon hangover.

But I'll just end my portion of the comments with a prime memory from the con:

Devon was getting thoroughly shellacked by Ron's (Bubba) son in the first round of the tourney. It was evident that the kid had style and cunning and the old man couldn't keep up. He couldn't even roll over a 3! Of course...things might have gone better or Devon that game if he had actually used D6. Instead, he was using six sided D3 :D

Hope to see more of you there next year.

Cheers,

Chris

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I got second and I'll let those who got first & third post about their victories. I had an absolute blast playing in the tourney and can't wait to do it again next year!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:33 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Ha,
back from GenCon and had a blast!
Not having a booth helped a lot to actually enjoy the experience.

I'll repost all of the Facebook pictures soonish (I can't connect to the server from unsecured network).

Monster Event: I don't think any other event had that many miniatures running on the table. Two Monsters supported by the undead Minions of the Slumberer where facing Level 12 Heavy Metal and Level 12 Mysterious Man team with tons of ninja raptors, mutie dinos and corrupted cops.
I ran the MM side of the table - lesson: kids, focus on the Agenda points! Slumberer was sent to another dimension but managed to score big bucks and win the game even though Supremes got rid of him.

Tournament: Aaron is a defending champion and he knows how to win. This year he had a different team, but the same philosophy - go for Agenda Points.
Next year we'll probably go for slightly bigger tables and some changes to the format to refreshen the things. Who will dethrone the king???

Great thanks to Totengraber and Beermonkey for running the events!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:17 pm
SidekickPosts: 60Location: Rockville, MD, USAJoined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:07 am
Seeing everyone and playing in the Monster Smash and tournament was great!

I had tons of fun and would like to thank my 3 opponents: Chris, Chuck and John for great games.

Special thanks also go to the organizers: Todd, Devon and Maciej.

I'll do my best to repeat for a third year (with another new team!).

Aaron

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:19 pm
Would any of our winners care to post their teams/sideboards? I'd be very curious to see what was used!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:58 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I used

Sagitarius, Libra, X & Y

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:07 pm
SidekickPosts: 60Location: Rockville, MD, USAJoined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:07 am
I rocked Blood Watch - Sgt. Bale, 6FU, Blood Rose and RRH.

Had a sideboard, but never used it.

Aaron

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:28 pm
MortalPosts: 20Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:03 pm
Didn't place, but I did go 2-1 and was very pleased with:

Guerilla, Hellsmith, Kitty Cheshire and Howler (had Virgo and Sanguine in the wings but didn't use them).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:25 pm
MortalPosts: 4Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:12 pm
I didn't place either. I went 1-2

I went completely with ARC.

Howler, Guerilla, Apebot, Virus as my main and Silverager and LeMurtiple in my sideboard.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:50 pm
Thanks for posting your lineups guys.

After having played in a competitive environment, would you have done anything different when building your teams?

Offline Profile