<  Website  ~  Website improvements

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:50 am
MortalPosts: 12Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:23 am
Hi first post by new player to Pulp-City.

After reading through much of the website and forum I've got a few suggestions:

1 - Back in 2008 you did a miniatures release plan. Can we have something similar for player ideas? An admin section on the forum where once player have come up with a suggestion you guys review it and then move it to that section and give updates and timescales?

2 - Back in September last year member Prewarsalad commented that the search function in the shop was ineffective and you replied you would get to it soon. It still hasn't been fixed

3 - While you are at it, how about better descriptions of the characters? A little bit of game law in the descriptions to help bring the characters to life would be nice.

4 - having recently bought my first Pulp city miniatures (which have now been received) and can honestly say the shopping process is not great. The website changes to 'processing' but does not say dispatched at any point, nor does it give any timescales (customer service was very helpful and told me miniatures are dispatched on Fridays - this could easily been put on the website so customer know what to expect and save you from having to answer queries about it).

5 - reward points are not showing on my account yet.

All are easy fixes and would help to give a more professional and polished shopping / fan experience.

Thanks for your consideration.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:09 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4525Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Firebird wrote:
Hi first post by new player to Pulp-City.

Hi Firebird, welcome to the Forum and to Pulp City. :)

Quote:
After reading through much of the website and forum I've got a few suggestions:

1 - Back in 2008 you did a miniatures release plan. Can we have something similar for player ideas? An admin section on the forum where once player have come up with a suggestion you guys review it and then move it to that section and give updates and timescales?

It is hard for us at this exact time to be precise about when things are coming up.

Our approach to development and production has had to change out of necessity since 2008, therefore a list of dates etc. would not be realistic for us and therefore for you guys.

What we do have coming up includes:

Bigfoot (in store soon)
Scarab (in store soon)
New Androida
New twilight
Gwynherfar

Quote:
2 - Back in September last year member Prewarsalad commented that the search function in the shop was ineffective and you replied you would get to it soon. It still hasn't been fixed

I have just tried the search function and it worked for me (I am using Google Chrome).

Can you give details on:
Browser
type of device you are using
what kind of things you could not find?

Thanks. :)
Quote:
3 - While you are at it, how about better descriptions of the characters? A little bit of game law in the descriptions to help bring the characters to life would be nice.

By game 'law' do you mean game rules or do you mean 'lore' for background?

Just for clarity. :)

Quote:
4 - having recently bought my first Pulp city miniatures (which have now been received) and can honestly say the shopping process is not great. The website changes to 'processing' but does not say dispatched at any point, nor does it give any timescales (customer service was very helpful and told me miniatures are dispatched on Fridays - this could easily been put on the website so customer know what to expect and save you from having to answer queries about it).

I will pass this on to Maciej. :)

Quote:
5 - reward points are not showing on my account yet.

As soon as the reward Points system and offers are live, then the information will be enabled. :)

Quote:
All are easy fixes and would help to give a more professional and polished shopping / fan experience.

Thanks for your consideration.

Some fixes are easier than others I would say, simply because operationally Pulp Monsters is not something we can do full time - we all work our day jobs and have to fit everything from development to production on top of that, so hopefully that is understandable. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:09 pm
Apologies, yes I did mean lore not law!

Re: search facility
What I was referring to with regard to the search facility is that many of the miniatures do not have tags assigned so don't show when you apply the filter e.g.

Arquero
Crimson Oni
Dead eye
Father Oak and Acorn
Foxxy Blade
Gemini X & Y
Gentleman
Gorgoroth

In fact if you search by Ulthar there are no miniatures displayed!

Re: equipment cards
With me being new to the game I wasn't aware there were different sets of rules, I'd just tried the ones in the download section. I guess I'll just have to purchase a copy of the latest ones :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:07 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4525Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Firebird wrote:
Apologies, yes I did mean lore not law!

Hi again Firebird, and thanks for the clarifications. :)

It is something we can look at, however it would be time intensive and would duplicate content from both the SE book and the heroes and Villains part of the website.

Quote:
Re: search facility
What I was referring to with regard to the search facility is that many of the miniatures do not have tags assigned so don't show when you apply the filter e.g.

Arquero
Crimson Oni
Dead eye
Father Oak and Acorn
Foxxy Blade
Gemini X & Y
Gentleman
Gorgoroth

In fact if you search by Ulthar there are no miniatures displayed!

Yep, tags are something we know we need to improve, and that takes time with the number of models that we have.

Right now we have had to prioritise to delivering the Cold War Kickstarter and are finalising the last main elements of that.

So it is something we are aware of and will tackle, but we have to prioritise as we are very much part-time in this endeavour.

Quote:
Re: equipment cards
With me being new to the game I wasn't aware there were different sets of rules, I'd just tried the ones in the download section. I guess I'll just have to purchase a copy of the latest ones :)

Here is the free download Quickstart Rules for Supreme Edition which will give you a flavour of where things are at with SE: http://pulp-city.com/downloads-2/

The QSR is the top link. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:47 pm
Quote:
Yep, tags are something we know we need to improve, and that takes time with the number of models that we have.

Is this something fans could help with? Perhaps if we identify the miniatures and missing tags for you?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:17 pm
Firebird wrote:
Quote:

Is this something fans could help with? Perhaps if we identify the miniatures and missing tags for you?

Yes and no; the work still needs doing even if compiling a list will save some time, just not lots. I think a manual trawl is more likely to solution. But thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:42 am
Missing Tags are last being assigned. Sorry for the delay. :)