<  Website  ~  Supreme Cards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:00 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
So as I sit here at work at 4am I'm thinking about the Pulp Website. It occurs to me you've got a great section with the history and pictures of the various supremes we all know and love... but no stats! Any chance you can put a link with the characters stat cards on the pages with the history of the characters? Maybe even make them printer friendly so people can update/replace cards? All the stats are public knowledge anway but if you're new to the game they can be a real pain in the ass to find. This seems important what with new releases around the corner and the forums picking up at last. Seems to me we need to make this place as user friendly and welcoming to those still on the fence as we can. Just my thinking about stuff in the middle of the night.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:42 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 191Location: FranceJoined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:35 am
for the french version I've made good PDF files for cards...
It's an easy way to add them on the website...

perhaps it can be done by the monster team too ?
If it's too much extra work I'll be glad to help !

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:35 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Yes, we'll gradually link all characters to cards. January 2009.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:43 am
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 107Location: GermanyJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm
Morf wrote:

It is February and just Lou Garou II was added without a picture of the card.
Sorry, but I think that the support of the game becomes weaker.

The rules for fights against Pulp Monsters are not published, the Pulp Shop is not up to date - Giant Hadron is out of stock for several month -, new Supremes are not posted in the forum and also the background storys of the new Supreme on the Pulp-City-side are not updated.

I really like this game. But the points mentioned above reduce my motivation to build new Supreme-Teams
:(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:04 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Trokar wrote:
Morf wrote:

It is February and just Lou Garou II was added without a picture of the card.
Sorry, but I think that the support of the game becomes weaker.

Speaking as a fellow gamer/modeller, I think we can all see that stuff like this is frustrating, but often there are numerous calls for time and attention of those involved in Pulp Monsters, so it has probably taken longer than usual because of that.

Quote:
The rules for fights against Pulp Monsters are not published, the Pulp Shop is not up to date - Giant Hadron is out of stock for several month -, new Supremes are not posted in the forum and also the background storys of the new Supreme on the Pulp-City-side are not updated.

On Pulp Monsters: the rules have been worked on a hell of a lot, to make them as good as they can be, which has taken time. My understanding is that they will be published for free, which I think is more than fair, given the time and work that has gone into creating them.

As to the other issues you mention, well Hadron is a resin mini, so can only be stocked when more are cast up, which takes time and caster availability, and is probably done in limited runs given size and retail cost. The caster for Pulp Monsters will have a queue of other jobs, so things like casting more Giant Hadrons cannot be done 'instantly' as difficult as that may be to any of us. Not many minis companies cast 'in house' so those things need to be scheduled accordingly.

As for the background stories, well I strongly believe you will see a lot more, but we may have to wait for the website update.

But in general, please bear in mind, that Pulp Monsters is a small company, and things take time to happen; this gets tougher with delays from factors outside of Pulp Monsters' direct control. The frustrations for gamers and modellers are well-known to Morf, trust me, so delays are no fun for anyone, on any side.

And there can be any number of external factors which just cannot be controlled that can cause delays.

Quote:
I really like this game. But the points mentioned above reduce my motivation to build new Supreme-Teams
:(

I think 2012 will give very strong reasons to support Pulp City: new Supremes, a new Sub-faction, new starter sets designed to work well as entry level characters, as well as within existing builds, and even more that will become apparent in time. :)

Stick with us. From what I have seen the year ahead promises to be very interesting. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:36 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
To add a somewhat different point of view, as PulpCitizen said, and as most are probably aware, Pulp Monsters is a small company. Does that mean that it won't have the same speeds as a larger company? Of course.

That said, it also means that we have a game where the community really does get a voice in how things go. There have been multiple contests where player created supremes became official models and the rules for some supremes are updated based on player comments (Boreas for example). Heck, if you have a problem with your games workshop order, how often does the owner of the company intervene directly for you?

Finally, there's great stuff for 2012 and samples have already been seen on the site. The quality of the upcoming models appears to be fantastic and if the rules from the past year are any indication, next years rules will be giving us all sorts of new options.

In the end though, it simply comes down to how much you love this game. We have a system that really gets the job done nicely and the existing product line is very strong. How many "dud" supremes are there? How many totally overpowered supremes are there?

Yes, the speed of things does get a little frustrating. I'm usually dying for the next release and I'd love to see more fluff available, but I believe, and of course this is purely opinion, that good things come to those who wait.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:40 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I'll add to this by saying if you think something should be changed or improved.. well do it. We are a small company and we are always willing to recieve some help. I am where I am in Pulp because I started doing stuff. You can too. Can't find fluff on your favorite Supreme.. write it! Send it to Morf, Leon, and or myself. We'll look we might use. This is a true community here and we get stronger by helping each other out and pushing each other. (or just pushing Morf a lot more :wink: )

Don't be the guy on the sideline saying they should do "this. Write it up! Propose something. Get involved and you become involved.

But yeah BIG BIG stuff coming this year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:36 am
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 107Location: GermanyJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm
Thanks for the elaborate feedback.
I like the game and I'm looking forward to play with the Supremes against big monsters. I would like to give some innovations.

I play PC in a Club and unfortunately we play less and less in the last months. The main reason is that we all have one or more teams of Supremes. But the question is: How many Supremes do you need?

New Supremes are cool - but they bring not a big innovation to the game play.
We would like to play typical hero-stuff:
- One Team of Supremes against a raging horde of zombies, alliens, robots, thugs...
- Pulp City is attacked by a extreme big monster
- One Team of Supremes fight against one powerfull opponent

There are no rules for these game ideas, I think.
Of course I would like to work out new rules or campaign / agendas with you.

If one of the above mentioned points for new rules is interesting for you - just contact me. I will make a proposal.

Is here in the Forum a place where we could collect these points?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:28 pm
SidekickPosts: 59Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm
Just my two cents for what would help out clubs and such is some sort of campaign system.

I only speak from experience, but the gaming club I am in loved Mordheim and Blood Bowl because they could see things develop. Now, I know this is a bit different, since it is character driven. That being said, a method of development for a group of supremes as they move along and win or lose would be fantastic and help out a few gaming clubs latch onto it. I did some early play testing for mordheim expansions back in the day.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:05 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
mastermind wrote:
Just my two cents for what would help out clubs and such is some sort of campaign system.

I only speak from experience, but the gaming club I am in loved Mordheim and Blood Bowl because they could see things develop. Now, I know this is a bit different, since it is character driven. That being said, a method of development for a group of supremes as they move along and win or lose would be fantastic and help out a few gaming clubs latch onto it. I did some early play testing for mordheim expansions back in the day.

Stop reading our minds... :twisted:

This idea is in development as well, but other things have taken priority. :roll:

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM