<  Pulp  ~  Spandex Heroes and other theme teams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:44 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I have been painting up dead Eye and the Vigilantes this week, which got me to thinking about building an EL 12 team around Dead Eye.

My thoughts so far are:
Solar
Trail
Ace of Wraiths
Kitty Cheshire (when she arrives; thanks to her Freelancer skill)
Harrier

and 1 of:
Acorn
Gentleman

But with Jade Hawk and Skyline hopefully not too far away, it looks like a 'spandex-y' looking Hero team should be very do-abale (okay Dead Eye and the Vigilantes won't look too spandex, nor does Trail, but they fit the feel of more traditional heroes in some ways).

And outwith EL 12 games the spandex squad is do-able at lower EL's.

So have other players tried or assembled towards thematic teams?

One example I tried recently was all Mystery Heroes - they looked cool, but I lost!

So what about everyone else?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:10 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Well, I modified my alt sculpt Gentleman to be a member of the ARC (courtesy of his Merc skill). He has a monkey on his shoulder pointing at his next target.

I have also used matching bases for Stoner Hawk and Harrier. I'm planning on painting another Ace of Wraith so he will match as well for a "western" theme.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:45 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
We really do need more "traditional" spandex superheroes in the range. I was showing the game to someone recently and he asked me why only one of the models (Solar) was actually dressed like a superhero.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:53 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
There will be more spandex.

Super Zed looks the part and both Supreme Genesis winners are wearing the classic spandex (Skyline and The Jade Hawk).

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile