<  Pulp  ~  Local Pulp City Challenge/Plans (Plots????)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:29 pm
SidekickPosts: 60Location: Rockville, MD, USAJoined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:07 am
So, we're finally getting our PC games organized and adding a narrative element.

Our local players have all been around since the beginning, but, since we have gamer A.D.D, we bounce around quite a bit. PC has been one of our staples, but, as with anything, we tend to flit around.

Defined goals seem to help, so we've decided we're going to create a 12-level team where none of us duplicate any supremes (excepting Gentlemen).

Along with that, we're going to create a 12" x 12" piece of terrain - either something unique to the faction we're playing or a HQ type of terrain.

My current plan is to run Bloodwatch for this challenge, so I think I'll build along those lines. All the current Bloodwatch plus some generics.

Could look something like:

Lvl 3 - Dead Eye
Lvl 2 - Sgt. Bale
Lvl 2 - Six Feet Under
Lvl 2 - Moonchild????
Lvl 1 - Blood Rose
Lvl 1 - Red Riding Hoodoo
Lvl 1 - Loup Garou II????

I think I'll model a rent in the Earth-plane with maybe a small shack as a "headquarters" for the Bloodwatch. Probably keep it graveyard-y.

Aaron

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:53 pm
MortalPosts: 20Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:03 pm
As a merry member of this group, I'm going to be running Ulthars. This leaves me with a bit of a limited selection, as the team will basically consist of:

Aquarius - 3
Sagittarius - 2
Libra - 2
Gorgoroth - 2
Gemini X - 1
Gemini Y - 1
Scorpio - 1

I was thinking of doing either a invasion ship board (likely more than 12x12), or, to do something smaller, perhaps just a landing craft (a la X-Com).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:00 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Whereas I have to decide: Necroplane, or Mysterious Man and his posse? I'm leaning towards the latter.

(I *could* also do Heavy Metal, but I am not as inspired there...)

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:00 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Sounds like a good goal. I'm going to approach my group with a similar idea. However, they'll all have to use my models, so they definitely WONT be duplicated at all!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:11 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Wow this is a really cool idea. I like that you're each building terrain to match the team. That really does make for some interesting challanges. Make sure you guys keep us informed and share pics of your teams, terrain and battles!

Skrivanek: Close but a little off. Loup Garou II is Level 2, Moon Child is Level 1. (bit of a teaser for you all).

mkcontra: Nothing wrong with that Ulthar team at all. Sure it's a bit more limited in the model selections but the team synergies and combos are all right there. You'll have good luck with this one.

Scorpio: My personal choice would be MM but then I'm a sucker for hordes of Minions. That's just me though. The Necro-team is also a real winner. I call them the Evil Undead Air Force. More flyers than any other faction to date! That's a good thing!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:18 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Scorpio: My personal choice would be MM but then I'm a sucker for hordes of Minions. That's just me though. The Necro-team is also a real winner. I call them the Evil Undead Air Force. More flyers than any other faction to date! That's a good thing!

I've been playing around with both lists. Necro team is surprisingly strong, although you have to include the Gentleman and the Forgotten to fill out the list. I'm a big fan of both, though, so that's not an issue.

...But honestly, I think I am sold on the Mysterious Man team. I'm a big fan of the character, and you get to include a lot of utility figs. As for a theme, I'm leaning towards the real defenders of Pulp City. There's a side note in there about the Mysterious Man taking a role in fighting back against the Ulthar invaders, and there's a lot of home-town 'heroes' he could rally to his side (again, the Gentleman, plus Virgo and maybe a certain tree-man.)

My board will either be a street corner (boring) or one of the Mysterious Man's hidden labs.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:20 pm

Offline Profile WWW