<  Pulp  ~  Word on the Street

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:36 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 148Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:46 pm
I've noticed the resurgence of new ideas on the boards by the fan base... so, I think the time is right to open up a forum for fan-made rumors about Pulp City. Tell us your rumors and time will tell if they were really a part of Pulp City.

Keep in mind that Pulp Monsters may still be holding Supreme Genesis contests in the future, so don't give away all your good ideas. You'll want to have a few tricks up your sleeve when the time comes for the next contest. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:23 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Nice one!
I'll be closely watching this one!
So let me start (hehe, here goes the unofficial!) - there is a rumour the alien Ulthar are planning another invasion. A Virgo slave caste renegade, who spent her teenage years in the Sagittarius Millitary School under a male disguise (and became one of the best Ulthar trackers), comes to Earth to warn Supremes and foil the alien plan.
She contacts the most unlikely ally and...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:13 pm
MortalPosts: 20Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:28 pm
Well, three possibilities here:

1.) Gentleman
2.) Guerilla
3.) A yet unrevealed sumpreme

Since we know that Gentleman and Guerilla will change in the future, I bet on Gentleman who turns to protect "his" city. Hm, or Guerilla sees it as a possibility to ?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:58 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
And it will be Hellsmith who forges the great weapon that defeats the Ulthar invasion vanguard.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:16 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
And who knows, maybe from the population of Pulp City will rise one who shall bring light in the darkest of hours...
Maybe some supremes will fall...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:41 pm
Y'know, I meant to kick this off myself, but I got distracted... :( Anyway, thanks to Morf for getting some early attention. :D

Nobody in Pulp City will argue that villain factions seem to be popping up everywhere these days... the rival mobs of Coven Enterprises and Royal Investments, the invading Ulthar and Necroplane villains, the evil Forgotten gods, and all that. Word on the street though is that the Hero factions aren't far behind. I heard that a number of hero groups from outside Pulp City are even starting to notice the increased villain activity. I bet it won't be long before Pulp City starts seeing some very foreign protectors.

I heard a new fighting arena is being built in downtown Pulp City to bring in some new entertainment. I forget the name of the place, but I heard that the dojo in Little Asia that's been teaching kids tae-kwan-do for years is going to start training sessions for competitive fighters. I even heard that the dojo master is looking for the best to train some local heroes; the man's got a good heart, but I don't know what he or even some martial arts masters can do against the super-powered villains these days.

If you've been to Settler's Park you've seen the groups of hippies that hang out there... the Tree Huggers we call 'em. Well, if you take a moment to talk to them they'll tell you some crazy stories like how they talk to the trees in the park and the trees take care of them. I don't know about how reliable their word is, but I swear I've seen a tree shift in the corner of my eye. Beside that, I'm pretty sure there was a tree that just looked out of place one day when I was walking through the park, but when I looked for it the next day it was gone. :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:40 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Yeah, nature is fighting back. Those freaky elemental Heros and Villains may bash each other every day but at least they have one common goal: save the city from the creepy stalks of the industry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:34 pm
With so many super villains on the streets of Pulp City lately, the law enforcement has been pretty busy. Crime's gone through the roof, and it just keeps getting worse as more and more career criminals keep turning up. I lost all my saving when my bank got robbed the other day. I was reading about it in the paper when a guy sitting next to me on the bus said he was there and that these robbers were more than just thugs. He said they looked like they stepped right out of a nightmare. One guy had knives for hands, another turned innocent victims into coma patients with just sand. He told me their creepy leader was a lunatic who was way off the deep end and kept laughing like a maniac. I just don't know how anyone can feel safe these days. :?

The city police force isn't just rolling over to these super villains, you know. It's been pretty bad the last couple of weeks while the whole local government's been changing faces, but they'll take care of this super-villain problem once and for all very soon. Rumor is that the new mayor is hiring a little help for the Police Chief... a very decorated war veteran in fact. I don't keep track of names like that, but this guy will definitely be able to organize Pulp City's few heroes into an unstopable police force, and when he does... it'll be a bad day for criminals in Pulp City. :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:49 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
So I'm in Settler's Park the other day, buying some er... um... you know like... herbal medicine. Anyway I get talking with this guy and he tells me a tale about what's really going on in Settlers park these days. He says theres more than just trees and that gnarly Father Oak guy hanging out down there. Word is the park is a staging ground for something. What he told me is that the Stygian is pissing off a lot of the old Gods. He thinks Persephone herself is behind all the weird plants in Settler's these days. He thinks she may be creating an army to defend mankind from the Stygian and her Forgotten. Course if you've smoked what he's been smoking you'd think some pretty damn wierd stuff yourself.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:40 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Hey, got something I gotta tell someone, the other day, I was sitting right here, at this very table, drinking my usual load of scotch, and I hear these dudes talkin. And the first one is like:
"We have to get rid of these supremes."
And the other is like:
"My men are with you, but is it enough? What's your plan"
And the first one goes
"Don't worry, once the public opinion see them as pure evil, they're gonna fall like rotten fruits, and splash on the ground."

Man... a bunch of humans are teaming up to get rid of the supremes... that makes me sad... yea, keep pouring, keep pouring...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:22 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 287Location: St. Louis, MOJoined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:32 pm
It ain't a surprise that anyone with a badge and a spine are walking targets, but the mayor really has it bad. With his new plans and some of the questionable hirings, he's really drawing the wrong sort of attention from a city faced with a plague of villains. I heard that someone put out a hit on the mayor and the police chief too. Bad things get worse in a place like Pulp City. Supremes have stood up and taken notice and there are several evil Supremes that are bound and determined to see that hit carried out. During an appearance the other night, the Mayor was swept away when a woman seemed to appear out of the shadows and took some pot shots at the mayor.

The only thing that saved his skin was something, or someone, stopped those slugs dead in the air. I ain't kiddin'. Mere inches from taking out the Mayor. No one saw who did it and with the Mayor being thrown into a limo by his security staff, there may never be an answer from the mayor if he saw anything or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:08 pm
*female newscaster's voice*
?A meteorite was spotted by astrologists last night falling above Pulp City and making landfall 18 miles West of the city. Some experts claim that they?ve been tracking the travel of the meteorite for several days as it approached Earth and are eager to utilize this rare occurrence for scientific study. Meanwhile others have called the meteorite unexpected and caution further investigation. Despite conflicted advice, the mayor of Pulp City has assembled a committee to retrieve and investigate the material from space. It is unclear what the meteorite brings to Earth from space or if it has any association with the Ulthar threat. More on this story as it becomes available.?

"Good news today for the family of former missing person Ryan Andrews. Authorities identified Andrews today in Pulp City Medical Center after an anonymous 911 call hailed an ambulance to the location where Andrews was found comatose. He remains in an unconscious state and doctors remain skeptical, practically unable to diagnose Andrews' condition. Similarly, police are frustrated as Andrews' condition prevents them from gathering information about his disappearance. Our sources within the Pulp City Police Department tell us Andrews is one of ten missing persons within the last month believed to be linked by the circumstances of their disappearance. Police were unwilling to divulge further details on their disappearances or how Andrews' reappearance will effect their ongoing investigation. In the meantime, Andrews' relieved family were willing to share these thoughts..."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:11 pm
You heard about that meteorite outside the city right? Well, I heard that it wasn't just a meteorite. When they first went to check it out it wasn't there anymore. Turns out this thing is alive, some kind of space creature, and when the sun hits it, it wakes up and get really hungry. I heard it devoured a whole field of trees in one day after it hit Earth. Scientists had to go out at night and capture it while it was small and asleep. They're keeping it now and doing all kinds of experiments on it to find out where it came from and why it's here.

Some people are saying that meteorite is made of some new element that has strange magnetic properties. Yup, and it's real tough, almost unbreakable even with diamonds. The mayor's committee to study the new element uses giant magnets to control it, and they're looking for some way they can reproduce it so they can develop some new weapons and armor. I don't know if it's true, but if it helps us fight off the aliens and the necros, I guess it's a good thing.

Offline Profile