<  Players! Retail! Distribution!  ~  New to Pulp City

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:12 am
MortalPosts: 31Location: SE MichiganJoined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:49 am
Hello Pulp Citizens,

I've recently joined in with a starter set given to my by my parents as a Christmas gift (yep, they still give me toys) and thanks to Abbysdad I ended up buying a bunch more at Gen Con this year. I wanted to get in a demo but missed out, even though I spent quite a bit of time at the booth. Anyways, I finished assembling and priming my Supremes and DL'd the starter rules and finished reading them and liked them. I even sent an email to my FLGS asking if she can carry this. Now that the rulebook is on it's way out, does Pulp City have any distributors?

....and we liked it.
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:40 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
CmdrKiley wrote:
Hello Pulp Citizens,

I've recently joined in with a starter set given to my by my parents as a Christmas gift (yep, they still give me toys) and thanks to Abbysdad I ended up buying a bunch more at Gen Con this year. I wanted to get in a demo but missed out, even though I spent quite a bit of time at the booth. Anyways, I finished assembling and priming my Supremes and DL'd the starter rules and finished reading them and liked them. I even sent an email to my FLGS asking if she can carry this. Now that the rulebook is on it's way out, does Pulp City have any distributors?

Welcome Cmdr!

You probably met me or Beermonkey at the booth- if not, it was someone else just as likeable and helpful. lol

Anyway, glad you found your way here! I recognize your name from other game forums so once again, welcome.

I know Morf talked to a couple distributors at Gen Con, but I don't know anything else. I think ACD might be able to get Pulp City, but don't quote me.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Also, be aware that some things might be streamlined or updated from the downloaded rulebook to new rulebook. Follow the "Road to Pulp City" topics on this forum for some previews to the new rules.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:13 am
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Welcome to the forums. If you missed the demo of Pulp City at GenCon there are several videos online that show the game in action.

Demo Video taken by me from GenCon 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz9Nxryspm4

Brew City Gamers Pulp City Overview from GenCon 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KnZ8jYm8HE

Pulp City Game Basics by RubbishinRubishout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLMlxBciA8Y

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:37 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Tell your FLGS that Alliance and Thewarstore are able to distribute Pulp City to brick an mortar shops.

Alliance has a lot currently available and some new stock on order that isn't available yet.

http://www.alliance-games.com/publicaccess/

I am not seeing Pulp City or Pulp Monsters on any of the ACD sites.

HOWEVER - if your store solely deals with someone that DOESN'T CARRY Pulp City - CALL THEM. Hound your store owner. Send emails to the distributor. Petition your local senator. . . well, maybe that last one is a bit overboard - but it couldn't hurt!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:23 pm
Thanks guys.

I refered my FLGS, RIW Hobbies in Livonia MI, to Alliance and she placed an order for everything last night.

....and we liked it.
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:20 am
As of last week, my FLGS, RIW Hobbies in Livonia Michigan, is now stocking Pulp City. I picked up a few more minis and have some of my friends interested in it. However, they're holding off until they see the rulebook. Hopefully it shows up soon.

....and we liked it.
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:55 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Not to worry CmdrKiley it won't be long now! Should be shipping end of the month maybe early next month. So not long at all. Some of us have been waiting for 2+ years. Rest assured though it's gonna rock.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:59 am
I just checked with my FLGS, who has ordered a bunch of Pulp City models from Alliance, and she still shows Alliance as not having the Pulp City Guide in stock yet.

Any idea what's the holdup?

....and we liked it.
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:57 am
I stopped by my FLGS today and was happy to find that the Pulp City Guide has arrived. I snatched mine up right away.

However on the way home I started sneaking some glances at it and noticed an odd rectangular shaped hole punched in the middle of the outer edge of each page for the first 60 or so pages. I also noticed the cover appears a bit warped as well. Serves me right for getting to excited and purchasing the book without perusing it. Of course there was also the phonecall where the wife wanted me to bring home some Thai food that occurred right about the time I pulled the book off the shelf.

Anyways, who do I contact about this book?

....and we liked it.
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:00 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
CmdrKiley wrote:
I stopped by my FLGS today and was happy to find that the Pulp City Guide has arrived. I snatched mine up right away.

However on the way home I started sneaking some glances at it and noticed an odd rectangular shaped hole punched in the middle of the outer edge of each page for the first 60 or so pages. I also noticed the cover appears a bit warped as well. Serves me right for getting to excited and purchasing the book without perusing it. Of course there was also the phonecall where the wife wanted me to bring home some Thai food that occurred right about the time I pulled the book off the shelf.

Anyways, who do I contact about this book?

Take some pictures and send a PM to Morf. Be ready to give the LGS name and contact information as well as Morf will want to know where you got the book as well as the distributor, I'm sure.

If you don't hear from him, send me a PM and I'll help you get in contact with him.

Glad you got the book, but not that it's messed up.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:57 pm
Thanks.

I did get a PM from Morph. I gave him some details on it.

I'll follow up with a further detailed message including pictures.

....and we liked it.
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:11 am
Sorry I forgot to post a follow-up. Morph got the pics and instructed Alliance to send my FLGS a replacement copy. I was able to go back to the store and exchange it for a good one. The other books that came in did not have this damage.

....and we liked it.
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:47 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Glad to hear it all worked out then!