Author Message

<  Future plans for Pulp Monsters company  ~  Large scale mini/ Giant robot, dinosaur, mutant... etc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:05 pm
MortalPosts: 43Location: BPRDJoined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:39 pm
Is there anything on the table for you to develope a large scale adversary?

One suggestion I can see and get hold of is the Giant Ape model from Reaper, minis.

There are several different ones to look into from them, as well. The Cthulhu/ Eldrich models, and the gient Krackin/ Squid.

I've also seen a giant robot over at Blue Moon, as well as several different choices for an Alien invasion.


What does Pulp City have in the works, and when will we be hearing something about it?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:21 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Grot 6 wrote:
Is there anything on the table for you to develope a large scale adversary?

One suggestion I can see and get hold of is the Giant Ape model from Reaper, minis.

There are several different ones to look into from them, as well. The Cthulhu/ Eldrich models, and the gient Krackin/ Squid.

I've also seen a giant robot over at Blue Moon, as well as several different choices for an Alien invasion.


What does Pulp City have in the works, and when will we be hearing something about it?


From only reading the forum I was under the impression that Pulp Monsters will appear in the game, and that at least one is either at concept or development stage; I am sure I read a post indicating it will have multiple head options.

I now hand over to more knowledgable posters.



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:53 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Oh YEAH!!


We've been working on getting the monsters right for almost a year now. So yes you will be seeing giant animals, robots, and demonic entities invading Pulp City. In fact you will also see a modular resin based monsters being produced in house as well. Rest assured friends it's coming. Expect to take a whole lvl 12 team against a single monsters and it's minions. Monsters them selves are planned to be customized along the lines of the BOOM rules. Past that I can't say except that work still needs to be done.



_________________
Pulp City Lead Troubleshooter
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:36 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Beermonkey nailed it.

Giant Monsters are coming. And, when they arrive, it will be worth the wait!



_________________
Morf wrote:
Larb is our top secret marketing weapon. He slips something in your drink and "bam" you are registered at the forum!


"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:00 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Excellent news.

And I will finally be able to use those large King Kong, Mecha-Godzilla, and Sentinel 'miniatures' I have lying around the house...



_________________
PMMDJ
Metal Skirmish

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:38 pm
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Scorpio wrote:
Excellent news.

And I will finally be able to use those large King Kong, Mecha-Godzilla, and Sentinel 'miniatures' I have lying around the house...


Thread necromancy on my part.

But any updates on this topic?



_________________
Painting - Rooftop Heroes Team for Pulp City
Sculpting - Aliens for AE-Bounty
Writing - Fiction and books for Darkson
Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:26 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Nope. Nothing to see here.

When it happens you will not be able to miss it.



_________________
Morf wrote:
Larb is our top secret marketing weapon. He slips something in your drink and "bam" you are registered at the forum!


"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:38 pm
User avatarSidekickPosts: 56Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:01 am
more threadmancy...

I would love to see pulp do a giant monster game in and of itself. There is only one, IMO badly done, that is getting all the credit for the Giant Monster genre, and I'd love to see some non collectable competition.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:00 pm
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
I'd love to see this too. But I suspect the answer will be...soon. Or at least after the Rule Book is done.

I'm much more sympathetic to game writers deadlines now that I have them too!

Until then I have pirate apes and necroplane guys to paint up :wink:

Chris



_________________
Painting - Rooftop Heroes Team for Pulp City
Sculpting - Aliens for AE-Bounty
Writing - Fiction and books for Darkson
Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:02 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
To be honest I can't wait to get back to work on this. Invader Larb and I finally started getting up some steam and then we changed focus. Too bad. We had some good things going. Maybe after GenCon we'll get back to this. Playing with a giant plastic dino, or other action figure on the table is very cool. Customize your monster, build him some minions and go to town. It's a blast.



_________________
Pulp City Lead Troubleshooter
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:34 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
To be honest I can't wait to get back to work on this. Invader Larb and I finally started getting up some steam and then we changed focus. Too bad. We had some good things going. Maybe after GenCon we'll get back to this. Playing with a giant plastic dino, or other action figure on the table is very cool. Customize your monster, build him some minions and go to town. It's a blast.


Sounds awesome! I'll take my kraken with a side of mechaspartans to go please :D

Seriously, I understand the frustration. Get through what you're doing now. Then wow us with the next load once it's fully developed. It's too easy to get focused on the cries for "MOAR" from the fans. Ulthars should hold people over for a while.



_________________
Painting - Rooftop Heroes Team for Pulp City
Sculpting - Aliens for AE-Bounty
Writing - Fiction and books for Darkson
Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1
11 posts
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron