<  Future plans for Pulp Monsters company  ~  Supreme's release plan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:08 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Hello all,
while the starters will go to production soon, we're in the concept and sculpting phase with new Supremes, some of them are already getting playtested.

I'm not giving out all of the dates, there is still some uncertainty, hopefully the last batch will be just in time for GenCon.

Month 1 after Boxsets:

Mourn Villain L1 (Necroplane)
Harrier Hero L1 (Unaligned)

Month 2:

Chimp Chi Villain/Hero L1 (A.R.C)
Heavy Metal Sentry Bots/ Ulthar Prototypes

Month 3:

Sanguine Villain L2 (Necroplane)
Trail Hero L2 (Unaligned)

Month 4:

Six Feet Under Hero L2 (Blood Watch)
Terror Cotta Warrior Villain L2 (Little Asia)

Month 5:

Dead Eye Hero L3 (Unaligned)
Dr. Tenebrous Villain L3 (Necroplane)

Depending on our productivity/time/resources, an occasional monkey may jump here and there as they are for both Heroes and Villains. At this point we are assuming both sides will have an equal access to heavy hitters, tanks, psychics, flyers, cyberheads and such!

Last edited by Morf on Wed May 07, 2008 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:29 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Sounds good to me. Nice line up. I'm even happier to read that the starters will be going to production soon. Yay!

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:34 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Awesome news!!

I can't wait.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:49 pm
HeroPosts: 169Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:54 pm
Very cool. Thank you for the update.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:32 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
I like this schedule...it actually allows me time to buy the models instead of springing tons of them on me at once. I can afford this.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:37 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
I'm quite excited with this!
Some nasty nasty Villains and goodie goodie Heroes.

The real problem is we got at least another 25 concepts waiting to get developed.

The hardest part is balancing level 3's. Especially that they provide not just the pure punching power but the possibillity of building a team around them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:19 pm
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 113Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:45 pm
Wow, 25...

Of course gamers are a fickle bunch. They expect releases every month or they think a game is dead. Sad really. Some great games out there that don't have a release schedule like that.

But I'm stoked.... not only are the models good, the rules are good too! I smell lots of WIN!!

CCotD'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:17 pm
wow, looking over the schedule again, that's a lot of necroplane love.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:59 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Jadin wrote:
wow, looking over the schedule again, that's a lot of necroplane love.

That's good (not Necroplane!) in the fact that it will allow people to create various team builds earlier in the game's release. With having only two (Heroes and Villains) factions plus the Apes, it would be hard to create 'themes', but by having allegiances, it makes the idea of a themed army much more appealing- as well as a diverse team building process.

Did that make sense?????

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:47 pm
My only concern is those poor villains in the starter box factions are not affiliated with the Necroplane, unless Im mistaken, but Guerilla is ARC, Twilight is Coven, Hellsmith is Forgotten, and the final two have no affiliations.

So far for villainous groups, we've seen:
The Coven
The Forgotten
ARC
Necroplane
Little Asia

I really just want more Coven figs, so dont mind me :)! Im sure they will come in time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:31 pm
Yes... quite a few Necroplane freaks coming out.
We need them for a certain event.

The goal is to have the subfactions flesh out in about a year from the start.
The Coven has some serious character write-ups done, including their Level 3 Papa Zombie, the bruiser Rook and Loup Garou II.

Yes, the first Loup Garou was defeated by Hoodoo.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:30 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 31Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 10:06 pm
LOL. Terror Cotta.

I like the release schedule in that I can get my buddies interested in smaller outlays at first (esp with how the game seems to scale up nicely).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:46 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 112Location: FranceJoined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:18 pm
What the differences between the coven and the necroplane faction?

Are the seconds more like mystic guys like undeads and spirits and the firsts are more like Priest, warlock and dark monsters?

I guess Papa Zombie will be able to summon Zombies :oops:, and if not him i really hope that an other one can do so.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:39 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Hey Morf when are we going to get a peak at Harrier. If she is going to be released month 2 when can we get a preview. Art, and Green or the Mini proper I'm not to picky. Just seems odd that we've got nothing on the flying girl yet.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:16 am
User avatarMachinePosts: 141Location: Pulp City TeamJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:57 pm
R??sistance wrote:
What the differences between the coven and the necroplane faction?

Are the seconds more like mystic guys like undeads and spirits and the firsts are more like Priest, warlock and dark monsters?

That's right. Coven - dark magic, spooky cultists, stuff like that. necroplane - evil spirits, deamons and other nightmares straight outta hell!

Offline Profile