<  Future plans for Pulp Monsters company  ~  How will Pulp City develop?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:50 pm
MortalPosts: 21Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 9:35 pm
I know Morf is on vacation at the moment, so it will take some time before I will get an official anwser. Maybe it is to early to anwser this question, because the first rulebook is not released yet, but I want to know what is the plan and what do you think.

Pulp City exists now for some time and there is a good choice of supremes, because every few months Morf give us shiny new supremes to play with. 8) Thus there are several groups at the moment:

Unaligend Heroes, Villians and Heroes/Villians (I know they are not a group, but there are lvl 3 supremes who can form an unaligend team)

Heavy Metal
Blood Watch

Necroplane
The Coven
The Forgotten

A.R.C
Otherside ?

Soon:
Ulthar
Grimm?

Heavy Metal (8 supremes) and A.R.C (8 supremes, I think the 9th is announced) have the most members at the moment. The other can barely field 3 or 4 supremes. How is the plan? How large will these teams will become? Will it be a limited number like for example marvel's Fantastic Four or DC's Green Lantern Corps with an unlimeted number of members, so Heavy Metal could become 50+ supremes for example (Sorry for these bad examples, but I recently discovered the world of superheroes and these were the first examples which came to my mind.)
So what do you think?

And what will happen to the pulp city universe? Will characters evolve? Change alligences maybe die? (that necroplane can reawake them or they suddenly reappear with a strangeexplanation :P ) I know that there is Dark Solar and plans for different versions of supremes (i read something about a mounted ace of wrath). However these are no evidences that the timeline will develop/ a living system. The sole evidence is the date of the Pulp City Planet (currently 1988)
I know that there are plans for giant monster combat, but this would belong to the part of releasing new factions or new game mechanics.
But to put it short, will the Pulp City universe change develop like some other famous comicbook universe. :D

Lockon

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:37 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
All good thoughts. The plan is to have all the teams fleshed out by next Gen Con so you can field level 12 teams for most all subfactions one way or another.

In addition, in the Beasts of War video from Gen Con, Morf said that the plan is to do a Pulp City Annual, with the first being released at or near Gen Con time.

The first PC annual will involve monsters rampaging across the town with the supremes fighting to save the city (see the image at the top of the forums :) )

Hope that helps some.

Also, there are other things in the works, but it's just not public knowledge. Morf's got to the keep the game alive and growing, right?

Good questions!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:36 am
Thanks for reply.
Yeah I was thinking exactly that first the teams will be expanded.
Good to know that this will happen till next gen con. Hopefully next year there is an Otherside lvl 12 team. :D

I already know about monsters rampaging, saw the beast of war video.

However I was asking about whether there is an ongoing plot, which influences the game. Some games sadly have a frozen plot, which does not develop. However in my opinion a developig plot is important, especially for skrimish games with lots of namened characters. In Addition it would fit perfectly for pulp city. Nevertheless I think that there will be one in Pulp City, because of the supreme fate poll (Solar, Ace of Wrath and Guerilla), but I could not find a official anwser.

Lockon

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:41 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Lockon wrote:
Thanks for reply.
Yeah I was thinking exactly that first the teams will be expanded.
Good to know that this will happen till next gen con. Hopefully next year there is an Otherside lvl 12 team. :D

I already know about monsters rampaging, saw the beast of war video.

However I was asking about whether there is an ongoing plot, which influences the game. Some games sadly have a frozen plot, which does not develop. However in my opinion a developig plot is important, especially for skrimish games with lots of namened characters. In Addition it would fit perfectly for pulp city. Nevertheless I think that there will be one in Pulp City, because of the supreme fate poll (Solar, Ace of Wrath and Guerilla), but I could not find a official anwser.

Lockon

Oh, definitely. The plots/agendas will be revamped and updated in the new book/rules. Beermonkey and Morf and others have been working on making the plots comic book in nature.

I haven't seen them or heard much, but the idea is to keep Pulp City true to the comic book feel.

Essentially, something along Freytag's Pyramid would be nice or even Shakespeare's five act play idea. Just my guess, really, on what I've heard.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:19 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 130Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm
remember that "technically" the subfactions are extras, heroes and villains are the two real factions (when thinking in faction and subfaction gaming terms compared to other miniature games.)
so there is potential to add to them limitless (like that green lantern corp you mention.. one comic I know nothing about, I always tought there was just one green lantern but found out Im wrong about that a while back ;)) but not necessarily a need to.

for lv12 ready tough, indeed, Heavy metal and ARC are the only complete ones.
there will be one more ARC box so ARC has their *lv3* leadership option as well.

after that its Ulthar, Necroplane, Blood watch and the Coven... I cant confirm nor know a schedule on these, but of these Ulthar and Necroplane are furthest along in the development process.

the Forgotten I think morf said regularily here (but also in development conversations.) are not ready to be closed... this will happen over time (to also go with the ongoing storylines I presume.)
the Otherside are in a similair spot, I have a whole laundry list of ideas for them, even some ruledrafts and artistic drafts (and a teaser in the rulebook... )
I know what Id like from the otherside, just giving my opinion, this is remotely nothing official nor even tested or thoroughly discussed, but Id see some hero/villains, some villain, maybe even hero, but when joined together its your typical "mad" comic villain group (my favorite kind) to oppose the more organised villain groups the others represent.

both might as well be closed after subfactions are closed or started that have no releases yet, however this is not an official statement, just observation.

in the meantime the independents will keep on rolling in.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:10 pm
Melvin wrote:
remember that "technically" the subfactions are extras, heroes and villains are the two real factions (when thinking in faction and subfaction gaming terms compared to other miniature games.)

Good to know this. I was proceeding from the assumption that A.R.C, Heavy Metal.. are the factions and the heroes/villians a second kind of faction. If you know Anima Tactics there it is possible to build your team out of an Organisation (like a full A.R.C team) or their attitude (kind of a Pulp City equivalent of Heroes, Villians and Heroes/Villians). In Anima Tactics it would be dark and light. Neutral characters can join both sides. So I was wrong. :D

Melvin wrote:
(like that green lantern corp you mention.. one comic I know nothing about, I always tought there was just one green lantern but found out Im wrong about that a while back ;)) but not necessarily a need to.

Well the funny thing is I do not know close to nothing about the green lanterns. Only that they have rings, wear green suits and that there are tousands of them. :lol: I am only familar with Dark Avengers and Secret Warriors.

Melvin wrote:
the Otherside are in a similair spot, I have a whole laundry list of ideas for them, even some ruledrafts and artistic drafts (and a teaser in the rulebook... )
I know what Id like from the otherside, just giving my opinion, this is remotely nothing official nor even tested or thoroughly discussed, but Id see some hero/villains, some villain, maybe even hero, but when joined together its your typical "mad" comic villain group (my favorite kind) to oppose the more organised villain groups the others represent.

That sounds great and I am realy looking forward for further Outsiders.

In addition I hope that there will be some kind of asian/japanese heroes group.
Do not get me wrong Chronin is nice, but I am thinking more about a japanese version of a super heroes team. I am talking about a (more serious) magical girl team. Some japanese High School Students traveling to Pulp City and going on the rampage, I know that is crazy, but such a team fighting against the A.R.C or some villians, that would be awesome. :lol:
Furthermore I also have a concept, but I need first more gaming experience to give them balanced stats and abilities.

Lockon

Offline Profile