<  Future plans for Pulp Monsters company  ~  A question for the players regarding the new Supremes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:26 am
MortalPosts: 22Location: CanadaJoined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:24 am
This is sort of a neat idea, but lacks the 1920's pulp heart, and Heroclix is a more familiar superhero world

This one seems like it's kind of lost in limbo in my mind

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:07 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Talisinbear wrote:
This is sort of a neat idea, but lacks the 1920's pulp heart, and Heroclix is a more familiar superhero world

This one seems like it's kind of lost in limbo in my mind

Well, it may not work for some people. Also, the target era of Pulpiness is supposed to be the 80s, with some timewarp in between now and then.

Heroclix is only familiar because of the licensing deals made between DC/Marvel/Indy and Wizkids. Imagine Heroclix without the licensing, but with more strategy, team building, and intense action.

As much as we would love to persuade you to the PC cause, if you're just not into it, you're not into it. Although, jump in, anyway, and give it a shot.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:17 am
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
HeroClix is more familiar as it is based on properties that have up to 50 - 60 years of history.

For many of us Pulp City holds a special kind of draw, especially to those of us who are children of the 80's.

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:28 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Talisinbear wrote:
I suspect until a faction team that catches interest arrives I'll be a lurker

just not sure I gain that much here over games I already play

Give it a try and make your decision any time. A game for everybody is usually a game for nobody, so Pulp City works for some, for some it doesn't add to the games they play.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:26 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Location: New Jersey, home of addiction.Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm
I would say to attempt to put out a hero and villain at a timely pace even if you don't follow the regular template just having them out will get everyone excited and we can worry about sub factions later on.

here are my picks!

Heavy Metal: Chronin, a time manipulating fragile but powerful swordswoman.

The Coven: Loup Garou II, a speeder with stat manipulation ability,

Blood Watch: Sgt. Bale, fire manipulation blaster ex-marine,

Necroplane: Sanguine, a very flexible Mind/Strength Supreme

The Forgotten: Efreet, shape changing fire blaster. Would love to see what other ideas are stewing for this sub faction. I find the idea of forgotten gods rather appealing.

A.R.C: What are other plans for these monkeys?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:37 pm
MortalPosts: 21Location: ConnecticutJoined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:04 pm
This is my first post!

Your game was mentioned in the Yahoo Group I belong to so I checked out your website and some reports from GenCon.

I have downloaded and printed out everything on your site and am now waiting for my Starter sets to arrive.

Make mine another vote for option 2.

If your keeping your release schedule limited to 2-3 figures a month I would suggest you keep to the main factions until you have at least 1 model of each level for each faction. After that you can start branching off to sub-factions/minions.

I don't know if you have mentioned this elsewhere but...

You might consider releasing a list of Supremes (1xLevel3, 3xLevel2 and 3xLevel3) and some minions for each faction. Players could then proxy the unreleased figures. This could give you a feel for how "large" (13+ figures) battles work for your system before your release schedule gets to that point.

This would give the players an idea of where your going. It would also give you a larger playtest base to allow you to tweak any "broken" characters.

Tim

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:03 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Welcome to the forums and thanks for the input!