<  Future plans for Pulp Monsters company  ~  A question for the players regarding the new Supremes

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:51 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 25Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:29 pm
Its definitely option 2. Providing story driven releases is much better than just to fill up the missing spots.

Regarding the 'release schedule' my preferences are:

- The new A.R.C. minis (you can never have enough monkeys)
- Non-aligned Heroes: Trail
- The Forgotten: Efreet (sounds like more than 1 mini, hmm???)
- The Necroplane minis
- Heavy Metal: Dr. Mercury
- The Coven: Loup Garou II
- Blood Watch: Blood Rose

But as long as you release all the planned minis I don´t really care since I want to have them all anyways.

cheers,
Ollie

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:46 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 112Location: FranceJoined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:18 pm
I will give a vote for option 2 too.

If i can give you an idea: Do you know the game Hell Dorado?
It s a miniatures game too and when they release the game they release in the same time a starter for each of the 4 factions.

Then it s every two monthes, they release a booster for every faction and a booster for mercenaries.

Most of their players like this way to release new things and may be you can get some ideas here.

Imagine, you make four starters of 3 miniatures each for the most popular factions among:
- The A.R.C.
- Non-aligned Heroes
- The Forgotten
- The Necroplane minis
- Heavy Metal
- The Coven
- Blood Watch

Then you add the 2 starters heroes/villains. And you have a good start.

Then every 2 monthes you can release a booster for each of the four factions and one for non aligned heroes or minions or new factions.

It s an idea that can be exploited.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:58 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
I find the way Asmodee does it is very neat.
Though please remember the game is meant to be just two factions: Heroes and Villains. The way you build your team is only up to you.
Take the Marvel universe. It would be boring if not for the constant turmoil, new teams arising, old teams collapsing. I was really excited to see some new configurations like Wolverine leading X-Force.

In Pulp City, the alliances are very uneasy as well.
We've spent a good part of today working on new boards for the game. I think you will appreciate the battlereport. The events happen on 3 different boards, with Heroes team composed of .... Guerilla, Chi, Hoodoo and Six Feet Under.
After a long time of sticking to the obvious team line ups playing that team is like rediscovering the game.

Now imagine that every month you get 1-3 new additions to your team.
Truly everything can happen.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:07 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
I prefer 2 factions as well. Splitting models into their own factions would also be difficult for an LGS to support.

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:33 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 112Location: FranceJoined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:18 pm
Yes i guess, you re right, it will be more comics accurate. I guess that it will be up to the players to make live their group.
If you see a group like the defenders or even the avengers the group constantly change.
So, i guess you make a good point here. i m convinced.

Do you plan to release other "big" boxes like the starters or will you do only boosters?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:56 pm
MortalPosts: 15Location: PolandJoined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:45 pm
Hmmm... Why release Necroplane's Lvl 3 when there will be not enough necroplane' villains to build a team around? As I get it- only then a bonus for a theme team when everyone in it.. well.. belongs to the theme :)
So: Mourn 2 + Dr. 3 + 2/1 Sanguine, it still doesn't add to 12.

EDIT: as for the others, I don't really care- don't know the fluff, hadn't seen the concepts and picking basing olny on the name seems rather pointless. I just would like to see more true Villains and maybe less true Heroes, as up to date Villains have Guerilla and Gentleman, that can be fielded with the good guys also.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:09 pm
HeroPosts: 169Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:54 pm
you know you can have all the villains together right? So the starter box + Mourn, and 1 level 3 Dr T makes a lvl 12 group for the Villains.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:01 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
rondel wrote:
Hmmm... Why release Necroplane's Lvl 3 when there will be not enough necroplane' villains to build a team around? As I get it- only then a bonus for a theme team when everyone in it.. well.. belongs to the theme :)
So: Mourn 2 + Dr. 3 + 2/1 Sanguine, it still doesn't add to 12.

As Jadin has mentioned, the Level 3's Team Power is a big boost for the entire team. It's even better if the entire team is of the same subfaction.
Though there will be quite a few quirks to toy with: there will be a leader for a mixed Necroplane/Forgotten team, Dead Eye is an example that boosts teams formed with non-aligned Supremes.

R??sistance wrote:

Do you plan to release other "big" boxes like the starters or will you do only boosters?

Yup. We'll box the full subfactions as they will come out but I'd love to avoid the classic "You can get the alternate version of X only if you buy this box and I don't care you already got all other minis in it". And there will be some completely new, event related "starters" like Ulthars, who'll be neither Heroes nor Villains.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:02 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Avoid packaging "chase" figures in sub faction boxes at all costs. That is one of my pet peeves!

Helldorado, war machine, Infinity have a background where the factions are ongoing. Most are built around a small core of personalities (warlocks, officers etc) and the bulk of the range is trooper model. So the Ratio is 20% Characters 80% faceless troops.

In Pulp the focus is 80% on the characters (Supremes) and the underlying genre is all about these characters interacting in a Myriad of configurations and alliances etc. Thats why I like the idea of story driven releases with an eye of introducing archetypes for us to play with. I'm happy for sub factions to develop over time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:51 am
Ulthars will have heroes (champion) or only faceless troops and a leader?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:40 am
MortalPosts: 22Location: CanadaJoined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:24 am
I'm new here, but would hope to be able to buy a faction, not a few odds and ends then have to wait to flesh out a group I really want.

to help that decision, faction art would help ASAP.

thanks

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:14 pm
R??sistance wrote:
Ulthars will have heroes (champion) or only faceless troops and a leader?

Ulthar society is based on caste division loosely bound with Zodiac signs, there are 6 master castes and 6 slave casts hailing from different planets. Of course the ruling warlord caste is Aquarius (since Ulthars come from a never seen by the human eyes paradise-like waterworld deep inside Uranus). And yes, they are far from faceless, they have lots of Supremes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:02 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
It seems even games like Warmachine have subfactions.

For example, PP released special army cards for your themed army. You can also build an entire Pirate army with Cryx and the Privateers.

So in Pulp City, you can pick and choose what you want. The subfactions wont release (fluff wise, they're staying hidden until the true time comes) right away. Just be patient, play with what seems cool until you can get all of the models in your favorite subfactions.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:38 pm
MortalPosts: 22Location: CanadaJoined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:24 am
I suspect until a faction team that catches interest arrives I'll be a lurker

just not sure I gain that much here over games I already play

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:17 am
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
In terms of superheroes I don't really think factions make too much sense. This is a skirmish game dealing with superheroes. The largest group I would expect to see are teams. The flexibility of having supremes being aligned as a hero, villain or both allows supremes to have team ups with other supremes without being restricted to a only operating under a certain faction. For games that deal with armies of nations I can understand seeing factions making sense, but don't really see that working for the superhero genre.

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW