<  Future plans for Pulp Monsters company  ~  What's up for 2015?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:17 am
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 101Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 1:45 pm
Hello,

All is in the title, what is incoming for the second half of 2014 after the great KS?

There is the new webstore of course, with several miniatures to release from the book (like Chimpanzer, Dreadwing, Zero, Bigfoot...), but also new sculpts (Androida...) and Supreme Genesis miniatures. So, we can assume there will be releases for several monthes just with that.

Maybe there will be surprises?
What is the planed release regularity? Monthly? Bimonthly?

And then, there is the second KS, focused on Supreme Alliance.

Is there an expected period for the launch? (last quarter of 2014?)
Any chance to see their Soviet enemies if the KS is very successful?

Whatever happens, this second half of 2014 sound promising :D

Last edited by TenNoBushi on Mon May 25, 2015 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:35 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
TenNoBushi wrote:
Hello,

All is in the title, what is incoming for the second half of 2014 after the great KS?

2014 is so yesterday! We look ahead! :P

Quote:
There is the new webstore of course, with several miniatures to release from the book (like Chimpanzer, Dreadwing, Zero, Bigfoot...), but also new sculpts (Androida...) and Supreme Genesis miniatures. So, we can assume there will be releases for several monthes just with that.

There are other releases planned very soon. Pixels (at last!), Bigfoot, and a Forgotten Supreme probably next month.

Quote:
Maybe there will be surprises?
What is the planed release regularity? Monthly? Bimonthly?

We are hoping for monthly once the final quirks of the store are worked out.

That will include stuff like the SG minis, as well as stuff we have alluded to in the books, as well as other stuff (I can think of a couple of Minions that people had cards forin the big card bundle...). :)

Quote:
And then, there is the second KS, focused on Supreme Alliance.

Not ONLY on Supreme Alliance....

Quote:
Is there an expected period for the launch? (last quarter of 2014?)
Any chance to see their Soviet enemies if the KS is very successful?

Expect next KS sometime around September or October.

And wait and see! We think you will be pleased. :)

Quote:
Whatever happens, this second half of 2014 sound promising :D

Indeed. Onward for 2015. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:51 am
Thanks for the answers :D

And, yes, it's for 2015 (sorry, I' just come through a quantum hole :lol: )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:31 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
TenNoBushi wrote:
Thanks for the answers :D

And, yes, it's for 2015 (sorry, I' just come through a quantum hole :lol: )

I couldn't resists the opportunity! :D :P

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:58 pm
Quote:

I don't want to get older :mrgreen:

How are you packaging the Pixels? (three Pixels + one Mega Pixel ?)

Can't wait for Bigfoot :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
TenNoBushi wrote:
Quote:

I don't want to get older :mrgreen:

How are you packaging the Pixels? (three Pixels + one Mega Pixel ?)

Yes; hopefully in the store within the next month or so depending on shipping schedules.

Quote:
Can't wait for Bigfoot :D

Nor can we. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:03 am
Hello,

After seeing Androida new green (wich is great!), and Twilight new sculpt annoucement, I was wondering who esle would have a new sculpt.
During the Kickstarter it was more or less question to make anew the older Powerhouse like Six Feet Under and Apebot

Any more intels about that?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:24 am
TenNoBushi wrote:
Hello,

After seeing Androida new green (wich is great!), and Twilight new sculpt annoucement, I was wondering who esle would have a new sculpt.
During the Kickstarter it was more or less question to make anew the older Powerhouse like Six Feet Under and Apebot

Any more intels about that?

We hope to resume monthly releases from August. Twilight and Androida will be part of that. Not every older sculpt will be revisited, in fact we will be focusing more on new additions on the whole, but one of those two PH's certainly forms part of our plans in the next 6-9 months. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:35 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Androida I agree needs an upgrade, but I like the Twilight sculpt.

It would be good to see some sort of schedule of releases, because it helps planning purchases. I've only just got 6FU and Apebot recently, so having them potentially being updated so soon is a bit disappointing. I don't really want two copies of the same mini.

That said, both the Nuke and Guerrilla updates were pretty cool. I do however prefer the old Solar mini.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:00 pm
Thanks pulpcitizen :D

I like the current miniatures (if not, I wouldn't take a collector pledge), but I'm sure the new ones will be even better and I'll gladly buy them :mrgreen:

Quote:

I like Twilight too, maybe the resculpt is mainly because the mold is old.

Having two Twilight will allow me to paint one for the Coven and one for the Way! :D (Old Androida will become a statue to the glory of the Supremes that save Pulp City).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:02 pm
Cilionelle wrote:

It would be good to see some sort of schedule of releases, because it helps planning purchases. I've only just got 6FU and Apebot recently, so having them potentially being updated so soon is a bit disappointing. I don't really want two copies of the same mini.

That said, both the Nuke and Guerrilla updates were pretty cool. I do however prefer the old Solar mini.

New sculpts won't invalidate the old sculpts, they will still be usable, and we will be treating each re-sculpt individually - e.g. new Solar meant we could do him as Dark Solar as well, but new Guerilla kept the same rules, so each is treated on a case by case basis, while Nuke got a base size upgrade, but old Nuke was still usable at 30 mm. :)

As for a confirmed release schedule, bear in mind we are a small part-time company - this is a hobby and passion for us, but does not pay the bills. We have projects we are working on concurrently, so it is actually pretty hard for us to create a release schedule for public consumption, since simply put things can occur very unexpectedly and can change very quickly, and we have finite resources. So we do look ahead, but plans change as we go. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:27 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Oh, I get that, totally. And it's all good. I'm not worried about the new sculpt invalidating the old, but I don't have the complete set of PC stuff yet, so in planning when to buy what, it would be helpful to have even a tentative timeline. Doesn't have to be rock-solid, and can certainly have a disclaimer, as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:30 am
Cilionelle wrote:
Oh, I get that, totally. And it's all good. I'm not worried about the new sculpt invalidating the old, but I don't have the complete set of PC stuff yet, so in planning when to buy what, it would be helpful to have even a tentative timeline. Doesn't have to be rock-solid, and can certainly have a disclaimer, as far as I'm concerned.

Currently we just have 3 re-sculpts in mind, the two that have been previewed and SFU which was mentioned.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:44 pm
For some reasons I don't have Facebook account, but I wanted to say how much I like the Leaders arts shown :D
It seems Professor Hammer is my favourite :mrgreen:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:28 pm
TenNoBushi wrote:
For some reasons I don't have Facebook account, but I wanted to say how much I like the Leaders arts shown :D
It seems Professor Hammer is my favourite :mrgreen:

Good point! We will post the same pic here as soon as we can. :)