<  Future plans for Pulp Monsters company  ~  Access to cards

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:45 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 16Location: Cincinnati, OHJoined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:29 pm
I was not certain if I should post this here or in the Beginners section.

Will Cards (Character, Resource, Agenda ...) be posted publicly and centrally for all current and future releases? I saw the starter cards on PulpMonsters.com download page and the GenCon releases in the New Characters section of the forum. Will all cards be posted or after the game is well on its way to greatness cards will not be posted and only available in the blister/boxes with the models?

de

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:43 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Welcome to the board dewen! Pulp has been really great about posting up the stats for all the new characters. I think you'll find them to be the sort to make sure you know what kind of a character you're gonna be purchasing. With that said I feel confident in saying that you will never have to buy a model and not know what it's stat card will say.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:50 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I have to agree with the monkey on this one. Morf & crew have been very forthcoming with downloadable stuff thus far and I see no reason why they would change.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:19 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 16Location: Cincinnati, OHJoined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:29 pm
Thanks for the welcome. I spoke with a gentlemen at GenCon at the Pulp booth. If I had his business card in front of my, I would post his name. He explained the game very well and definitely grabbed my interest.

My post is about concerns I have experienced with other table top games.

- It is the one place to go to see and compare stats. You may be wanting to determine what will help out my current force, what?s the new character's stats ...
- Centrally posted cards help new players. If you're new it may not be clear where to look if cards are posted in multiple places.
- In the event of a misprinted card, the update can be posted quickly for players access
- If the game changes over time and older cards become outdated (format, abilities...), there is a place to obtain the latest without waiting/buying new cards

There are more, but I think the point is made.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:58 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 44Location: Auckland, New ZealandJoined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:30 am
dewen wrote:
- It is the one place to go to see and compare stats. You may be wanting to determine what will help out my current force, what?s the new character's stats ...

I know most companies don't openly post unit information because they're trying to sell whichever army book the unit's stats appear in. Privateer Press is a good example of this.

If Pulp Monster were going to start releasing 'army books' listing many different Supremes, I wouldn't be surprised if they went this route. It is only fair on their part.

That said, I won't complain if they also post the card details up on this site ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:42 am
I do not mind paying. I simply want to understand the strategy, approach, plan or whatever.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:34 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Pulp City is going the route of Anima Tactics or Infinity with basic rules free to download. All the characters and cards are available to you to see up front. That way you can choose to collect the figs you like or that work for you team. Rule books with extra fluff and modeling tips and the like will be sold but everything you NEED to play you can get for free.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:27 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Hello Dewen,
with the next batch of releases, we'll be posting stats a week before the release so you can make up your mind.
They will be all in downloads section, labeled as Wave X.

Never say never, but I don't see us print army books and such. Maybe some time in the future, a Supreme Compendium (fluff, rules, tactics) as we get near 50 Supremes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:08 pm
Good to hear, Morf. Thanks for everyone's input. Now to get a hold of my starter :)

Offline Profile