<  Future plans for Pulp Monsters company  ~  GenCon 2009

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:36 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
So as you know, we are heading for GenCon 2009 and we'll be proudly sharing the booth with the amazing crew from Darkson's. This is all because we want to offer you your place of friendly miniature gaming!

What can you expect?

- demos for the new people
- campaign running through several Encounters spread throughout 3 days.
(the results of it will decide the fate of a certain invasion in making)
- elemental Supremes, normally for the release late September
- event Special Miniature premiere June Summers, available in September through the webstore.
- many chances to get your Herald miniature.

Now, some of our friends already offered help in running games, if you are interested in helping too, drop me an email at maciej@pulpmonsters.com.
We'll start a section of the forum dedicated only to planning GenCon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:40 am
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Man I was really hoping I could make GenCon this year. I hope you all have a blast, I'll be needing a ninja of course. :)

I'm just glad that I got to be there in Pulp City's first year there. It was really nice meeting everyone.

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:37 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
GenCon, no Joel = bad bad bad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:31 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 41Location: Frederick, MDJoined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:35 pm
as i already told you, I'm in for some booth time on Sunday, and maybe even a little on some other days, depending on my teaching schedule.

This is gonna be fun!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:22 pm
SidekickPosts: 98Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:10 pm
The both is going to be opened before the events right? I want to get my minis together, get a demo, maybe ask for other details, and participate in the events. Is there going to be a special mini? P.S. I read the rules about three times i've just never played. Except for that one event at GenCon 08. It was fun.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:58 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
I'm sure some of us can get together outside of the events hall to get you up to speed if need be.

Last edited by Invader Larb on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:59 pm
SidekickPosts: 98Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:10 pm
Invader Larb wrote:
I'm sure some of us can get together outside of the events hall to get you up to speed is need be.
That would be great. Maybe I could show up early or something, I always do that with events, I don't want to be late and I want to get set up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:30 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
I will be running demos with Tabletop Gamers from 8am - 10am Thursday through Saturday at the convention. I might also have time to help out in the booth, if needed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:30 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Morf wrote:
GenCon, no Joel = bad bad bad.

If anything I will be there in spirit. If I can get a side project that would pay for the flight I may be able to go. Just need to find cheap hotel space and uh spending money... heheh.

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:32 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I am running a Pulp City game on Wed night for KFG Wednesday Gaming form 6pm to 9pm. It will be in the GC catalog, but it is free. I may be able to get some time for booth duty or running games duty, but I will have to wait until after the schedule comes out next month.

Hey Morf, when are you getting into Indy?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:41 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Location: New Jersey, home of addiction.Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm
are the campaigns going to be a test of the scenarios posted? like a mini-tournament? or are they running demos?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:34 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 45Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:42 pm
I'll be around all weekend and Billy (TW Cory) will be around Saturday & Sunday to help pimp the soundtrack. Billy might be able to pitch in at the booth a little too.

http://www.myspace.com/pulpcitymusic
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:29 am
MortalPosts: 35Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:45 am
Man, it would be awesome to go to GenCon ... perhaps next year once we are a litte more established!

We've been running games in store the last few weeks and things are going well, the display is right on front of the main door so people cant miss it!

I'll snap some pics and put them up soon :D

Have fun everyone!

Knee deep in glue, plaster, cardboard and paint!
http://www.battlebunker.com
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:54 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 40Location: Boston, MAJoined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:55 am
For anyone looking to get some pickup Pulp City games in while at Gencon, I will be looking around for players in the minis rooms later in the evening (8 PM+) on Friday and Saturday. Might also leave some information at the pulp city dealers room booth if possible. Check the Countdown to Gencon thread in Events People and PLaces for more info.