<  Events, People, Places  ~  UK Pulp City players

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:27 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
kombine wrote:
Thanks for the welcome :D

I've loved the idead of this game for a while now, even though i'm not any kind of comic book fan.

A few of us have wanted to get it but just getting hold of the stuff has not been easy (the P+P from poland is what has been putting most of my group off :cry: ) I got the starter sets a while ago and decided to paint them not too long ago, Plus have taken the plunge and oredered the new book and some minis.

Hope to get some people playing soon.

The P & P issue may have been due to the inclusion of the book; I found that really raised it over what i am normally charged, simply because of its bulk and weight.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 153Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm
I am a UK "player" but really just a collector. I have just rediscovered a painting urge for these models - I find I need lclear ideas for bases to want to do them & microarts factory have been allocated to Heavy Metal. I have also found a new games club who I will try to subvert.

Did anything come of a UK distribution deal? It was mentioned at Salute but I have heard nothing since. I want to demo in a FLGS (or 2-3) but it's awkward If they cannot sell the product.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:40 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Maciej/Pulp Monsters (the company) are sill looking into UK distribution; Maciej and I were discussing this a week or two ago.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:50 am
SidekickPosts: 55Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:11 pm
Hi,

Another UK gamer here, based near Reading. Just bought a bunch if figures with my usual gaming group and we're looking to start playing as soon as we can get some scenery sorted out and figures painted!

Been big 40k gamers for a while but the recent commercial decisions by GW (we'll say no more about that) have encouraged us to look elsewhere for games and pulp city was one of the ones we found... Mostly current or ex- comic book nuts in our little group so no resistance at all as soon as we found this game and saw the figures! As one of us commented last night, we can't actually find a bad sculpt in all the figures we ordered :)

Rules look very smooth and there was a good video on YouTube of somebody demo-ing the game at a games con of some kind, which I watched/listened to whilst painting and it's a great intro to the rules.

Roll on the first game!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:10 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Welcome to Pulp City!

Glad you've made it here. Always nice to see others break away from the evil empire :roll:

Can't wait to hear more about your first game. I suggest you take some time and read the tactics for all the Supremes you plan to use. Good stuff there. If you have questions or comments post em up. We love to help.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:57 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:52 pm
Another uk player here up in sunny Scotland (though it's chucking rain as I type this). Ordered pretty much most of heavy metal and perun cause he looks cool.

Think a few people in my local club are interested so hoping to get them ordering soon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:30 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
You now have Mr Hendybadger and my self from sunny cornwall making or thwarting evil plans in this glorious city of yours. Hopefully we will get some others intrested soon. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:51 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Dont forget Mrs Badger. She now has a lvl 8 team plus extras.

And theres atleast 3 more people around here wanting to pick some minis up

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:43 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 37Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 am
Based down in cold dreary Southampton so escaping to PC is awesome

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:05 pm
MortalPosts: 9Location: tauntonJoined: Sun May 06, 2012 7:00 pm
Hello me and a few guys have pulp city , we started a few weeks back,we play pulp city most club night ..(once a week)
We our based in taunton Somerset southwest of the uk

Offline Profile