<  Events, People, Places  ~  Take off your masks - tell us something about you!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:48 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Welcome to Pulp City Mexican Dave!

Glad you're here. Rulebook is always a good place to start. After that pick up the models you like. An equal number of Heroes and Villians and an equal number of Level 1 and Level 2 Supremes will let you have enough to get a friend or two into the game with you. If you need more advice or have questions let us know. We'll be happy to help you out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:02 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Welcome from another Brit-based Pulp City fan. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:15 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Welcome to the city, M.D.!

The guide is an excellent start as is this forum and the Pulp City main page. Lots of tidbits, fluff, characters, etc in all of it that you can find little gems all over.

Once again, welcome and glad you are here! Population of Pulp City: +1

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:07 am
MortalPosts: 5Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:38 pm
Thanks guys.

Ordered the book tonight so the fun starts now. :D :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:54 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
mexican dave wrote:
...Looking foward to a UK distributor so he wull probably see alot of my money.

mexican dave

Hopefully (fingers crossed) the UK distribution should kick in soon, maybe next month.

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 pm
MortalPosts: 5Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:38 pm
Up in Kirriemuir in Scotland

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:32 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:52 pm
Another Scottish player here.

Hi there, myself and one of my mates have ordered stuff, though still waiting on it. Hoping it arrives soon.

He's gone for A.R.C. And I've gone for heavy metal.

Play in our local games club in Glasgow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:54 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Welcome to Pulp City Mecha Ace. With a handle like that it's no wonder you chose Heavy Metal! It's a great game. If you have questions or comments ask away. For all new players I suggest reading up on your favorite models in the tactics section. You'll get a lot of evil ideas there. Glad your here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:13 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Welcome to the city that is Pulp City!

Ask away, we are here to help.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:48 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 174Location: Chicago, USAJoined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm
Hi. I'm new to the city. Don't worry, I'm aware of the dangers. I've seen the supremes both good and evil. I know there are more lurking in the shadows waiting to appear. That appeals to me and is what brought me here from Chicago. I'm no stranger to the challenges a city like this poses... I've spent years in the decaying underbelly of Mordheim running with the Skaven and partaking in the occasional Orc Waaagh! thru it's streets. And when I'm not doing that, I'm fixing all things computer related, or honing my martial skills at our local dojo. Most people call me John, but you can Call me LabApe... the ARC? Yeah they got nothing on L.A.B... the Laboratory Ape Brotherhood. ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:05 pm
A big hearty welcome to the city LabApe.

Soi ARC for you....or something else? :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:32 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 174Location: Chicago, USAJoined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm
Little bit of everything really. I was kinda following where the game was going for a while, but I have no local distributors that I could find, and wasn't thrilled with the idea that there was no official rules to create your own Supremes so I never really picked the game up... Recently I got a really excellent deal on the Rulebook, both starters and a bunch of Figure packs, so I jumped in... Currently have The starter minis, obviously, Harrier, Sanguine and Zed, Cyburn and Hadron, Rook and F. Gator and Chimp Chi, so a bit of everything. I tend to like the whole Villain side of things, tho... so that may influence my decision.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:32 pm
LabApe wrote:
Little bit of everything really. I was kinda following where the game was going for a while, but I have no local distributors that I could find, and wasn't thrilled with the idea that there was no official rules to create your own Supremes so I never really picked the game up... Recently I got a really excellent deal on the Rulebook, both starters and a bunch of Figure packs, so I jumped in... Currently have The starter minis, obviously, Harrier, Sanguine and Zed, Cyburn and Hadron, Rook and F. Gator and Chimp Chi, so a bit of everything. I tend to like the whole Villain side of things, tho... so that may influence my decision.

Don't worry about the build your own Supreme thing...with the Pulp Monster rules coming soon and there is the possibility that we might have something that can whet that creative "build your own supreme" appetite of yours in the future.

Glad you are here Labape!

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:20 pm
MortalPosts: 6Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:54 pm
Hi, people normally call me Txetxu( hard to pronounce in english) i´m a 32 years old, spaniard, living with my girlfriend in Madrid , with our 3 months old Kid and a couple of cats.

i used to do amatur theater but now i quit because i don´t have so much time. I also like to do boxing a couple of times a week.

i started with blood bowl, warhammer and necromunda when i was a teen. And i was searching for something out of the gamesworkshop world. i was almost going for Malifaux ,but then i saw it.......a mixture with Alan Moore´s superhero world, city of heroes, champions on line and miniature games :shock: . I had to buy the rulebook and a villain starter. Hope to paint it soon and go for the dark solar box.......i really want to paint that miniature.

Glad to be here! :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:29 pm
Welcome to Pulp City! Glad you made it and I hope.your stay is a long and memorable one.

Offline Profile WWW YIM