<  Events, People, Places  ~  Demo in NoVA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:48 pm
MortalPosts: 29Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:01 pm
Hello all,

I'll be putting on a demo game at Huzzah hobbies in Ashburn Virginia at 1:00 on 01/29/11.

Huzzah Hobbies
44927 George Washington Blvd, Ste.135
Ashburn, VA 20147
(703) 466-0460

http://www.huzzahhobbies.com/

If you are going to be in the area drop on by!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:49 pm
Hello all. My demo went by very smoothly this weekend. 3 people showed up which isn't bad but isn't as good as I was expecting. Next month I'll be doing another one at the same store and hope to have a better turnout. On the plus side of the 3 people who played one was the store owner so now he has a better handle on the game, 1 person had minis but hadn't played yet and the other bought a starter and a booster box.

I wanted to post some pictures but Photobucket is looking all sorts of wonky. Sort of like it had been hacked but I'm not sure yet. I was able to upload a few pictures from my cell phone to the site according to the confirmation text I received but I'm not entering any data into the site the way it is looking right now. Hopefully it'll be back to normal sooner rather than later.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:03 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Good work in putting on the demo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:04 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
That sounds like a good start. If you've got the owner in makes everything else a lot easier. Plus you sold some mini's sounds like a real success to me! Can't wait to see some pics! If you've got a couple of people playing regularly it's a lot easier to get more people interested. Nice work!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:21 pm
Pulp City has grown from my special order of the book and 3 boxes to a much larger selection at the shop already which is nice. The store now has a few of the starters and about a dozen of the smaller sets so things are gathering steam. Unfortunately the shop is about an hour away so it's kind of far for me to make my regular shop but hopefully even monthly I can twist some arms!

Photobucket is still acting up but here are some images from the shops Facebook page.

Is this close enough to be a Herald yet? :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:40 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
maroonldr wrote:
Is this close enough to be a Herald yet? :)

I don't see why not...you got your application submitted yet? :D

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:13 pm
About 3 weeks ago! :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:54 am
I'll be running another demo at the same place on February 26th at 1:00pm. They are also having a Games Day with about 14 other time slots/games. As seen on TGN! :)

Offline Profile