<  Events, People, Places  ~  Thor (movie)

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I really enjoyed it; I am a comics fan (and probbaly not alone among Pulp City fans in that!) and so I am occasionally wary of the (necessary) liberties taken with film adaptations, but this felt faithful enough to the source material to be recognisable and respectful in my view.

I thought it was a well0structured film that managed to incoporate a lot of the Thor/Asgardian comcis-mythos without being overwhelming. I enjoyed that they got the explanation of what the Asgardians were/are done and out of the way so quickly that the movie could get on with being what it was.

I really liked the designs - echoing the source material sufficiently in so many instances, and some of the armour had a post-Sienkiewicz feel to me which was cool. I thought Chris Hemsworth played Thor as a good translation of the early comic book persona, and I loved the Clint Barton (Hawkeye) cameo, as well as the end credits scene. The three central male Asgardians - Thor, Odin and Loki - were all well-cast, and I thought Tom Hiddleston's performance was great and subtle where it needed to be.

Thoroughly recommended, and after the end-credits scene, roll on Captain America and next year the Avengers. I wonder if we have seen a plot point for the team movie?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:11 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 157Location: Germany - KrefeldJoined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:43 pm
I expectet more action and less story telling. The movie wasnt bad, but due to what i thought i would get i was a little disappointed. The trailer was misleading.
Hawkeye was in it but not named. As part of the Avengers i think he is worth mentioning at least briefly.
I liked hint to Bruce Banner. :mrgreen:

I would still recommend to watch this movie. I just expected something else. Its a good one.

Total Supremes: 52+11 Minions / Painted: 45+9 Minions
Todo:Acorn,Kitty,Le Murtiple(3),Lady Cyburn,Hadron(2),Virgo,Tritonious
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:24 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
HeXoR wrote:
I expectet more action and less story telling. The movie wasnt bad, but due to what i thought i would get i was a little disappointed. The trailer was misleading.
Hawkeye was in it but not named. As part of the Avengers i think he is worth mentioning at least briefly.
I liked hint to Bruce Banner. :mrgreen:

I would still recommend to watch this movie. I just expected something else. Its a good one.

I suspect that Clint Barton (and he was named as 'Barton' in the movie) isn't yet Hawkeye, hence not being named as such. :)