<  Events, People, Places  ~  Games you would like to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:19 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
After posting in the games n' Stuff thread I thought about games I would like to try.

Kings of War/Warpath - I would like to try out their system, I like their models, but am waiting for them to come out with something I don't already have or want to play.

Dystopian Wars - I love Steampunk stuff

Uncharted Seas - I hear nothing but good things about this game

Leviathans - I played a demo game at Gen Con last year and like it, but Catalyst needs to get with it.

Most games will catch my eye with the minis first and game play second, but now with Vortex, if I don't like how the game plays, I can just stat it up on my own and use it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:33 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Got some Forgefathers for Warpath, as part payment for painting a Kings of War Undead Army - not played yet though.

I fancy trying Eden, Carnivale, Sedition Wars, and the Relic Knights range.

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:23 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Mini-wise, I'd like to get in with Eden, Carnevale (played a starter set game and loved it) and am close to buying in, Mordheim (I'm looking for a sisters band), and Relics. I'm sure I'm missing a couple.

I'll reserve the right to update this list as my eye finds more things I want to try.

Oh, ooh! I forgot one.

World of Twilight! Looks very unique and the stone/command system that I read about seems intriguing.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:43 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
I have a couple of Soda Pop minis, Isabeau Durand, and the Special Edtions of Candy & Cola, and Kisa & Scratch.

Whilst the Anima Tactics Miniatures are lovely - for the most part they aren't very "Anime" IMHO.

Whereas all the Soda Pop stuff has that lovely Anime look and Feel.

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:03 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
Pretty much any non-historical game I see advertised...

Ok, not quite that bad, but nearly. I get sucked into games with good looking miniatures, (Pulp City had me at Guerilla, Malifaux at McMourning), or a kick-ass concept.

At the moment I think these are all possible:

Dust: Warfare - this has me interested, I LOVE alt-history stuff and the mini's are really nice.

Dystopian Wars - maybe. A fair few people at my local club play and I already sort of know the rules as I play Uncharted Seas. The only thing holding me back is that I don't like any of the models that much, I'm waiting to see what the Ottoman's look like before I decide.

Saga - Not a fan of historical games at all, but a few of the guys at the club play this and really like it and they're now putting together a set of house rules for using fantasy armies in the game which apparently work quite well, so we'll see.

Legends of the High Seas - of the pirate rules out there this is the set that appeals the most, I played Legends of the Old West and at my local club we did a version called Legends of Stargate Command which was a lot of fun, so I know the rules work and having read Hendybadger's recent blogs it sounds like LotHS keeps up the fine tradition.

Freebooter's Fate - having said that I'm a sucker for Werner Klocke's sculpts, to the point where I really want to get the game just because of the mini's.

I'm sure I'm missing a shed load of other game, but these are the ones that immeadiately spring to mind.

J

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
Dust Warfare - Love the miniatures and the whole concept behind it. Should be cool with Andy Chambers having written it!

Eden - I look at this every convention....looks cool and quirky!

Dark Age - Another game that looks cool and quirky....

Anima Tactics - Love some of the models in the range and looks like fun

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW