<  Events, People, Places  ~  Fatman on Batman & Thrillbent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:11 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
As I while away my day I thought I'd point people to two comic book related sites that help me get through life.

First up is the Fatman on Batman podcast by Kevin Smith, director of Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma etc. (Please be aware that the language in this podcast is definitely not safe for work/young children)

Now I've never been a DC Comics fan and my Batman fandom is based solely on the 90s cartoon and the Rocksteady Arkham games but there are some great episodes to listen to here that I find fascinating despite not being a DC aficionado.

Go to the episodes section near the bottom of the page and click on the eps 1-3 for a great two-part interview with Mark Hamill and I highly recommend the two-part Grant Morrison interview (Eps 26 & 27) the guy is utterly fascinating to listen to. There are also some commentary episodes that you can listen to whilst watching episodes of the cartoon series and the two part adaption of The Dark Knight Returns that came out recently.

The podcast's free to listen to but you will get ads either at the start of the ep or around halfway through. Mr Smith is also a bit of a stoner these days so his intro's can ramble on, but you can click on the time-bar to move things on if you're using the Listen Now option or have downloaded it.

The second site is Thrillbent Comics, an online comic company started by writer Mark Wade and TV producer John Rogers (who is responsible for the brilliant show Leverage).

All the issues are designed to be read online but can be downloaded, you just click on the arrows to move the story onto the next panel.

They have a number of titles that are updated weekly as well as a number of titles that were/are one offs or are currently on hiatus.

Be aware that when you click on a title you'll always go to the most resent issue so just scroll down a bit to see the previous issues, (Insufferable in-particular is into it's third volume so you have to go back a fair bit to find the beginning, it's worth it though, great idea and well executed IMO).

Anyway, I hope some of you find these sites as entertaining as I do, go and enjoy.

J

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW