<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Road to Pulp City Chapter 4: Scenery Manipulations

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:52 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
As you had already seen, :STR Trump grants you Scenery Manipulation.
Any movable scenery piece that is not a building (these are JUST destructible) may be manipulated.

Biggest change is that the objects now come in 3 sizes: 1-Small, 2-Medium, 3-Large.
The size is also the number of times an object may be manipulated before it goes to the object's heaven.
For instance, a Car (2) may be thrown once, then thrown back and it's gone.
Street Light (1) survives just one bash!

Both Scenery Manipulation Actions count as Strikes, effectively adding some options to existing weapons in the arsenal of every self-respecting brute.

Throw is a ranged Strike, its power depending on the object size. 1 is a basic projectile, while 2 and 3 become Blasts with the object rank radius.

Smash uses an object grabbed at any point of the move (and combined with the move) adding +1 to the Opposed Roll on top of any other bonuses and granting Reach with the value equal to the object's rank.

Now the cool part is that both Actions benefit from Super Damage 7 - inflict 7 or more points of Damage and send your opponent flying. Mind that there are and will be effects that lower the Super Damage value (meaning you need less points to conjure the effect).

As we are talking about Scenery and Terrain, there is a lot of new simple stuff to give you guidelines for Difficult and Dangerous Terrain, including the dreaded Dangerous Water Difficult terrain :twisted: Once you'll read that, you will really want to have Tritonious in your team.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:43 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I love using Throw and Smash - great fun, and just the kind of thing a game like Pulp City needs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:53 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
oh that's sweeeeeeeet...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:03 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Finally I can rip up a street light and club my opponents with it!

Freaking awesome.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:10 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
Awesome!
Can't wait to try these moves out!
Iron train wants to smash someone round the face with a car!

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:38 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
I'm really enjoying looking at how the rules have changed but the game has stYed the same.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:23 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
the more i think about it the more appealing it looks. Damn I can't wait to try it out!

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:05 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Yup once you play a game with all the new rules you'll see just how cool it all is. Everything is faster, more fun, more dynamic, and well just more Pulp City. We've cleaned up and streamlined the game but added MORE to it at the same time. More to come of course but these are the biggest changes from the earlier edition.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:28 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Yup once you play a game with all the new rules you'll see just how cool it all is. Everything is faster, more fun, more dynamic, and well just more Pulp City. We've cleaned up and streamlined the game but added MORE to it at the same time. More to come of course but these are the biggest changes from the earlier edition.

OK, for those of us who were just finally getting all of the old rules down pat...is there going to be an intro session that explains how things work now and what has changed? Perhaps, several examples of the new rules in action? Or maybe a massive demo in a surgery auditorium?

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:24 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
We've got some examples to be sure. Really you're staring at the meat of it. Trumps are declared before you roll, then roll two take best one. Power Up is 1 AP and you have a limited number of them. New Trump Trait abilities. Plus these new Manipulation rules. Basically the same here only we added the blast and the ability to pick up and bash a guy.

Next week or so we'll show you the new move rules, the big change to this is going to be flight. Much more to flying now than before, and yes it's been simplified. Flight is rocking now believe me. Makes an all flying Necroplane team a pain to deal with.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:27 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Looking good.

The bit I like the most is the blast radius being the size of object. The standard radius solves all those issues related to throwing diecast model cars of various scales shape and sizes...

Go! Go! Super Damage!
Keep the details coming... Book at the printers yet ? :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:24 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 48Location: Barcelona, SpainJoined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:41 pm
All these rules changes are great and will make a big improvement in the game, but I would like to now if there would be any changes to the already existing Supremes' cards. Will we have to buy some updated cards pack?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:33 am
This is such a funny question! We are looking at doing some clean up on earlier cards. In fact I was writting stuff up only hours ago! So some small tweaks nothing major. As the game has grown and become more refined some of the first few waves will need a little updating. We're expecting some small Errata in the published book, maybe new cards. Couldn't say for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:02 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
An update to clean up some of the abilities makes sense for some of the wordier ones. . . If the stats and abilities aren't in the book for the released characters, it would make sense to wait until after the book comes out to worry about them. I'd hate to see the book held up for a few wordplay issues. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:15 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
BountyhunterQ wrote:
An update to clean up some of the abilities makes sense for some of the wordier ones. . . If the stats and abilities aren't in the book for the released characters, it would make sense to wait until after the book comes out to worry about them. I'd hate to see the book held up for a few wordplay issues. :wink:

I think we are aiming to have everything good to go on the issue of errata and abilities that don't work, or don't work as they 'should', very soon, and hopefully within the book (I may be wrong on that last point).

Key issues have been raised and solutions have been offered, and so it shouldn't derail any plans as far as I can tell. :)