<  Hobby Section  ~  Hapotte's Pulp City collection

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:43 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 249Location: Gatineau, CanadaJoined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
And here is what I have completed tonight.

First up is Guerilla

For Chimp Chi I went with my old Kung Fu classs uniform

and Finaly Tangent with her necklace

I've finished assembling the GenCon goodies so I will likely put some primer on them tomorow. Not sure what I'll paint up next but I'll keep you informed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:17 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Nice work! They are looking good all around. Can't wait to see some Ulthar painted up... hint, hint

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:17 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Nicely, Nicely - Keep 'em Coming!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:10 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 249Location: Gatineau, CanadaJoined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Nice work! They are looking good all around. Can't wait to see some Ulthar painted up... hint, hint

Okay, you've got me there so here are my first 2 Ulthars

First up is Libra

and one of the best looking mini in the range. Tritonious

That's probably going to be all for this week since family time will be high this week with the back to school for my daughter but I will be back at painting early next week.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:17 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
SUPERB! Ulthars, Ulthars!

Good One Mate!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:22 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 157Location: Germany - KrefeldJoined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:43 pm
ME WANT ULTHARS TOO! :)

Great looking guys. Cant wait to get and paint them!

Total Supremes: 52+11 Minions / Painted: 45+9 Minions
Todo:Acorn,Kitty,Le Murtiple(3),Lady Cyburn,Hadron(2),Virgo,Tritonious
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:00 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I like the classsic colours on Chimp Chi, and also the novel colour scheme for Tritonious - any particular inspirations there?

Thanks for showing them to us. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:31 pm
I actually wanted to do the skin yellow to be diferent from the blue / green that we have already seen. I also find that the purple contrast well with the yellow as the the black.

I don't think I've been inspired by any other hero from comics but maybe there was something in the back of my mind that I can't really put my fingers on. The colors just came this way.

Thanks for the comments. I've just realize that I forgot to paint Chimp Chi belt.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:35 am
So here's my latest addition to the Heavy Metal team:

I tried to paint him like the image in the PDF, I also used the same dragonforge base for both models, I just tought it would look cool that way.

I also really enjoy bubba Ho-Tep pictures with backgrounds so I took my mayhem armoury to put in the back.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:47 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I still need to get him. Good job, I like the matching bases.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:36 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
That looks good! Really liking the matching bases. Bubba seems to be bringing out a lot of inspiration in folks lately. I applaud everyone's efforts to make this game great.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:59 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I like this colour combo - that kind of tourquoise and whitye always looks nice on a model.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:11 am
Looking at what I had to paint, I figured out that my Heavy Metal team was almost complete, so here are the final models for my team following with 2 group pictures

So Lady's first

Followed by the big man, I'm not too sure about his look so I may redo him in the future

and here is my full team ready for action

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:41 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Looking really good! You & my son would get along great, he's a huge Heavy Metal fan.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:45 am
Here is a update of what I've been doing. I know it's been a while but a new PS3 game took some of my time lately.

Here goes:

Here is Jade Hawk, at first I wanted to do her all in diferent greens but I didn't like the result so I changed her cape for some dark brown.

Skyline is one of my favorite model so far in term of painting, I still have to try this vigilante team to see how they do on the tabletop

Finaly finished my blood rose, I had started her a while ago but never around to finish her until tonight.

and fanaly some Raptors to joint Mysterious man in a secret laboratory.