<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Pulp City WWW Problem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:56 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Hello,
it's one of those days. Some nice Algerian hackers decide to make your life easier in the name of Allah (seriously) and hack the website.
I took it temporarily down as the way they get in is already known, now we need to figure out a solution.
The shop went down for safety reasons as well, as said before though, all placed orders are on their way.
Thanks,
Morf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:48 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Thanks for the info Morf. They can go suck it as far as I am concerned, why don't they go hit GW or somebody big like WotC.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:41 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Good on you for resolving the problem so quickly. Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Cheers,

Chris

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:44 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Wow your having some tough luck! What's up with this?!?!?

Look at it this way. The terrorist are scared of our power. They recognize that a community, an International Community of gamers united could be the greatest threat to their oppresive regime! WE ARE SUPREME!!!

(ya ok I'm pulling it outta my butt but still) :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:04 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 202Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am
same ocured to thee Infinity (Corvus Beli) Web site from time to time - some Holy war madmens attack ther site put some postars end go away ...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:32 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 24Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 pm
Thanks for explaining.
Just wanted to start with the Game and order some Minis.
Now this is for a while impossible, but it is okay, just to knew that my account ist safe

Good luck to find the back-door by witch the Hackers passes through.
Greetings Nirmo

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:12 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Wow Nirmo what a way to start your Pulp City stay. Welcome to the Forums and thanks for dropping by. If you have questions or concerns feel free to ask. One of us friendly Heralds is always kicking around willing to answer any Pulp City question you might have.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:59 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Morf - any ETA on the webstore return? Hopefully soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:42 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Any news on the website?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:54 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
My old 'favourites' link sent me to some kind of not found page. But a new online search shows the site up, but the store still off-line.

I mailed Maciej,, but no response yet. I hope that the problem can be resolved soon - it is the kind of headache that seems very unfair to a small busioness like Pulp Monsters.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:52 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
leonmallett wrote:
My old 'favourites' link sent me to some kind of not found page. But a new online search shows the site up, but the store still off-line.

I mailed Maciej,, but no response yet. I hope that the problem can be resolved soon - it is the kind of headache that seems very unfair to a small busioness like Pulp Monsters.

Has anyone seen the WWW announced on places like TMP, TTGnews, etc? Just curious.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:15 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
Seems to be working again now.

J

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 pm
MortalPosts: 34Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:29 am
Sadly, the page is still mostly black on Chrome, Windows 7 64bit.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:40 am
Yep, the sire works for me now as well, but no shop.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:31 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Hello,
yes, the site is up, we've traced it down.
The attacks were not targeted, rather random online violence from friends in Turkey and Algeria (my new holiday destinations!).
I am not bringing in the webstore yet, mostly out of the concern for your money's safety. But here is the good news: I will create an out of store ordering method for the time it takes to resolve the problem.

It will be up tomorrow.

As for the website and Chrome problem, this just hastens the site re-vamp I planned because of the book's relaunch. There is a couple of functionalities I plan to add, including a store locator, onsite distribution info, updated (and easier to update) H&V section and Pulp Monsters . com will become more of a gateway to not just Pulp City.
:twisted: Teaser. Well, you need to get the book in order to find out more!