<  Pulp City Heralds  ~  Broken link

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:40 pm
MortalPosts: 29Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:01 pm
Hey guys,

I was going to fill out the application to be a Herald but the link goes to some spam site after about 1/2 second on the correct page. I had pre-ordered the Pulp City Guide at my shop about a week before it came out and no one at the store had heard about it. I keep all my skirmish scale minis in one bag so I showed the owner and a few of the guys at the shop my collection and some images from the forum and they all seemed interested in playing. The shop called me on Thursday to tell me the book was in and I was able to pick it up on Saturday. (Looks great BTW!) Anyway the owner was impressed enough by my show and tell that he jumped right in and got a small stock of books and minis in and within 2 days had sold out of everything but one hero starter set. He has asked me to run a demo game after the new year so I'm going to.

I figure as I got a store to carry the product and I'll be doing demo games I should get in on this Herald action. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:10 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Send Morf a PM regarding the broken link you found - make sure to detail what browser you are using and I'm sure he'll get it sorted out.

For Heralding, I think LarkinVain (Joel) is the guy you want to PM. I think you need the information of your main store (contact name/phone and email address) and 2 painted level 5 teams for demoing. Take some pictures as those need submitted, too.

Great job on getting a store involved! Where are you located? I look forward to hearing more!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:17 am
Maroon, try clearing the cookies on your browser and make sure pop-ups are blocked. I just checked and all worked fine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:40 am
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Hey there. Got your message. I'll check into it when I get home.

Thanks.

Joel

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:56 pm
Bounty,

Thanks for looking into it for me. I cleared my cookies, was obviously logged out of the forum and couldn't get back in. Then it took a while to sneak a message to Morf and get back on the forum. Oh and clearing the cookies didn't solve the problem! I was able to click the link quick before the other web page took over but the link I clicked didn't contain the actual application, only the rules. I'm pushing on hard with it though, I'm going to get this solved!

Dennis

PS I just rechecked the link and it didn't force me off to another page and the application was there. Fingers crossed it goes through!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:00 am
Hmmm. Well, it sounds like it worked itself out now, anyway. . .

I tried it on probably the most unstable, backwards, un-updated machine I had access to with no problems, but who knows. . .

Good luck with the application! I look forward to seeing your name in gold! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:00 pm
Any idea how long it takes to be approved or not? I'll be running a demo game at my shop on the 29th and I'd like to be able to properly announce it on the forums if I'm going to get in.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:15 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Just so you guys know, I had the same experience. Clicking the 'Back' button cleared it up though. Still, it was disconcerting to be offered a survey about some video prize website rather than the Herald application.

As a related thing, is there a confirmation window that comes up, or does the page simply reset without notice?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:01 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I know that there is some reorganization going on with the Herald Program and that hopefully it will be up and running again in just a short time. I have been working with Morf on this and hopefully when he can find time to review the stuff I have sent him we can get the ball rolling. Morf is stretched pretty thin, but I know this is something he wants to get done. Hope that helps.