<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Who is Pulp City's most iconic supreme?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:02 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Pulp City has a huge cast of interesting and original Supremes that represent a broad range of genres and themes. My question is, if you had to choose one supreme, who would you consider to be the one that best represents Pulp City?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:56 pm
SidekickPosts: 60Location: Rockville, MD, USAJoined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:07 am
It's got to be Guerilla, I think.

He's the first, and he's used all over the place. Who doesn't love a Gorilla with a mini gun?

Aaron

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:07 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
That was my thought as well but I remembered that Solar beat him in the vote for the Level 3 poll... Not to mention, other supremes have since been released.

Any more thoughts?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:31 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 153Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm
skrivanek wrote:
It's got to be Guerilla, I think.

He's the first, and he's used all over the place. Who doesn't love a Gorilla with a mini gun?

Aaron

I do!
Attachments:
Guerilla.jpg
Guerilla.jpg [ 13.38 KiB | Viewed 6352 times ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:19 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Since it is ultimately a game about superheroes, then for me it is Solar, since he is the closest to the basic archetype.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:26 pm
Pickles... That's awesome. What game is that from? City of Heroes? DC online?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:27 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
I always think of the starter boxes; specifically the heroes. Then, more specifically Iron Train and Androida. That's just me, though, as I got some of the first resin copies of the minis when they were made and Guerilla wasn't one of them.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:12 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Solar, Iron Train and Androida are the iconic heroes, for sure. I don't think I could choose just one. The Gentleman is also pretty high on the list. And then on the Villains side, Twilight for me is the most identifiable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:16 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I would have to go with Iron Train, he's the one I first remember.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:51 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
The Gentleman, Androids and Seabolt. Nothing says 80's pop culture inspired superhero madness like those three.

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:05 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
For me it's Guerilla. That Great Ape started it all. Course I'm kinda biased towards simians it can be said.

After that it's Iron Train all the way. Such a great heroic character and a twist on classic comic troupes. He works on a lot of levels for me and really stands out in my mind.

But I think when people see Pulp City they think "Tell me more about monkeys with guns!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:37 pm
I find everyone's answers fairly interesting... Coming from a strong 40K background, it always seemed to me that the Space Marines, the Ultramarines especially, were the main focus.

Here, that's clearly not the case since there's a variety of responses. I think this says something quite positive about the way Morf's set up and promoted this game, in that it not only embraces different facets of the genre, but has allowed different people to perceive it in different ways.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:31 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
I think most of us agree that the icons are the heroes, and the first heroes introduced.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:06 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 93Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 am
The first supreme that comes to mind when I think of Pulp City is definitely Guerilla. Close seconds are Iron Train and Hellsmith. I guess I just like the heavy hitters.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:32 pm
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
You know, it might be fun to have a guess at which things were the inspirations behind the original heroes. For example, one of the reasons that I think Androida is an iconic example of Pulp City is that she clearly resembles the heavily airbrushed realistic fantasy paintings from Soraiyama that became popular pin-ups in the 80's. But I could be wrong, Morf and company might not have been thinking about that at all when they came up with her. In which case, some of the heroes might truly be iconic in that they represent so many things to different people.

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile