<  Tournaments  ~  Event Prizes?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:17 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
What do people use, or would like to see as, tournament and event prizes?

Within reason ofcourse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:14 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
As I see it, the best tourneys I played in had two types of prizes:

1: Tournament prizes. These were given to winners and were mostly trophies and plaques. Those are nice because they allow you to have a tangible reminder of your victory. I don't know about other people, but I have two "best sportsman" plaques in my office that I take great pleasure in seeing.

2: Door prizes. The best of these are things associated with the game you play. I won a messenger bag (with a paints/models insert) which was great, but even on a smaller scale, miniatures from the game in question work nicely, as long as the winner doesn't already have that particular fig.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:20 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Both really nice ideas.

Which do you prefer?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:10 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
i liked that at the breast cancer brawl everyone got a little prize (pink mistress of mercy) and then the "real" prizes are kept for 3rd 2nd and 1st as you would expect. maybe the pulp store would allow us to do coupons? not sure how possible that is but its a nice idea.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:30 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
I'd like to see medals- Small type things to dress up your bag or jacket.

Something like a shield for best defender of the neigborhood (protected citizens or most honourable) as an example.

A star for most explosive (damage dealt) as another example.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:58 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
hendybadger wrote:
Both really nice ideas.

Which do you prefer?

Actually, I think the best tournaments offer both. Depends on the size of your tourney though. With 50 people, you can afford to offer prizes for specific things (wins/theme/sportsmanship) while also offering door prizes. If you only have 10, it may be harder.

The real key, in my mind, is reward more then just the ruthless, cuthroat, do-anything-to-win types. Granted, I can't imagine we get loads of those with Pulp City.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:29 pm
Thats an awesome idea Varagon.
A headstone for most eliminated?

I prefer prizes that spread through the players aswell ccardboardvamp.
It doesnt seem a game to easily be a WAAC player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:05 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
prizes for most eliminated ect are great as it keeps players interested even if they have lost their first couple of games.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:18 pm
Going to have to try and think up some more things like that then