<  Hobby Section  ~  undead_jon gets his act together - *NEW - 30/06/2014 p6*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:24 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Excellent stuff Jon, and fantastic to see you back with a Pulp City mini. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:51 pm
User avatarSidekickPosts: 56Location: Kaiserslautern, GermanyJoined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:16 am
Hi Jon,

he looks really good. I also like your older miniatures. Keep up the good work.

Michael

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:58 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Very nicely done Jon!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:08 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Your sovereign is very nicely done. I think the gun conversion really works. The style fits him perfectly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:07 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
OK, so I have another batch of minis painted in preparation for September, it's taken me a while to get photos I'm happy with so I hope you like.

First up, Doom Train and Supreme Zed:

Really like Doom Train, but the pointy bits that come up behind his neck are horribly flimsy and didn't survive the journey from Poland. Still, I really like how he came out.

I've never been a fan of the rock-thingamabobs on Supreme Zeds feet so this was my solution. I went for a Shazam-meets-Ant Man colour scheme that I like (plus I was trying to avoid the Superman route).

Next up Sister Bedlam and Tangent:

Both ladies came out well I think, but Tangent is my favourite, everything worked first time with her, Sister Bedlam was a little more choosy about her outfit :)

Next, I finally finished Draku:

Very quick paint job as I realised I needed him for a demo game so I think he was done in about an hour, still, I think he looks ok, need to find the thread about his breed again and do a proper job on him somewhere down the line.

And finally, we have my first (and currently only owned) member of Heavy Metal, Giant Hadron:

Had the colour scheme in mind from day one, and it came out looking well IMO. It took a little while to get the white looking right but it came together pretty quick once I got it sorted. The glow effect on all the bits took a couple of goes (it doesn't really show in the photos but I assure you it's there), but I always liked the artwork in the book so was always going to do it and I think it works. Excuse the close up of the face but it's the part I'm happiest with, the stubble took some getting right but I didn't think a genius scientist/Supreme by day/Rock Star-by-night would get much time to shave :)

I hope you like them all.

C&C always welcome.

J

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:33 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Great work all around, and brave choice with the GH stubble which looks great. Excellent stuff Jon. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:47 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Giant Hadron is really nicely done! I've always had trouble getting my colours to look smooth on larger models, but you pulled it off fantastically!

Offline Profile