<  Law & Order in Pulp City  ~  Shooting into Close Combat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:48 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 53Location: Seattle, WAJoined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:54 pm
Can't find this anywhere else.

If you use an ability to target an enemy model that's in base contact with a friendly model, are there any penalties to this attack? Can't find that there are, assuming the target is in clear LoS.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:59 am
MortalPosts: 20Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:28 pm
I believe that question came up earlier on, but I cannot say where exactly.

To answer your question: No there are no penalties for shooting into a melee at the moment aside from the fact that your target might get a cover bonus when your LOS runs through his opponents base as per the normal shooting rules.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:08 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
True. I don't think they wanted the rules to be cluttered up with it. I think many of us who play some of the more advanced rules games like WM/Hordes and others are surprised at the cleanliness and simplicity of the Pulp City rule set.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:02 pm
MortalPosts: 20Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:28 pm
The rules themselves are pretty easy, granted, but they also have a lot to think about, especially when it comes to army building. I mean there are just so many options with only the rules guide and the starter boxes out.

As for the shooting rules: Well you are playing superheroes after all, making them good shots istn't that far off, right?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:01 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 41Location: Frederick, MDJoined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:35 pm
There's also not really anything I saw prohibiting you from shooting out of Base to Base if you're so inclined. Most projectiles, rays, and blasts say they can be used in Base to Base, but nothing in Base to Base seems to indicate that you have to target models you're in Base to Base with. We're tried to avoid abusing it, but sometimes you just want to ignore that person in Base to Base and shoot someone else.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:42 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Actually. most ranged attacks have penalties when used in Base to Base and some of them require you to target the models in BtB.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:12 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 53Location: Seattle, WAJoined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:54 pm
Thanks for the help guys!