<  Supreme Genesis  ~  The Winner(s) of Supreme Genesis Issue 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:43 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Congrats to all the winners. It was really a tough choice to make. I look forward to seeing them fleshed out in rules and pewter.

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:24 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
I agree. congrats! I must admit, I'm glad I didn't have to pick a winner. Now looking forward to SG3!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:25 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 93Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 am
Wow, I'm really excited about being one of the winners, there were so many awesome entries - it was great reading all the different concepts everyone came up with.

Now my only fear is, can Skyline hang with the heavy hitters of Pulp? :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:40 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Don't worry, kolonelk. The playtest team will make sure he can stand on his own. He is a terrific concept and he has some cool rules.

Again, congrats. I'm proud to have my concept share a box with Skyline.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:48 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Hi Kolonelk!

Congratz on the win! I'm glad you made it I can't wait to see what you and the Pulp Artists come up with for Skyline. Don't worry about Skyline holding his own as Larb said we'll get him tweaked and adjusted so he fits right in. If you need help or advise or whatever just ask. We're here to help. Again nice work and very real congratulations on a job well done.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:22 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Good to put the forum's nick to the name! Congratulations, as much as this concept is straightforward, it is a bull's eye when it comes to nailing the theme.

Sure, he won't stand a round with Hellsmith (though maybe...) but we need to work on him to make him all about the battlefield purpose.
It's like Moon Knight vs. Thunderbolts, not strong enough to beat them but sure smart enough to win.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:49 pm
User avatarSidekickPosts: 93Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 am
:D Thunderbolts is one of my favourites at the moment, Marvel kind of hooked me in with the Civil War, right about when DC was putting a big hole in the brain of my favourite character (Ted Kord).

Thanks for the kind words guys - hey Larb, does this make us box buddies? :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:48 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 130Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm
congratulations to the winners! (a bit late me :))

Riposte was one of the minis I immediately imagined a look with, looking forward to seeing all of them.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:14 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
I saw Kurt on the weekend at MOAB and he was over the moon. Congrats mate!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:11 pm
MortalPosts: 6Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:51 pm
Congrats to the winners....

note to self, work harder on editing your entries. When Shuffle changed from lvl 1 to 2 she should have lost AP...darnit

oh well, i do like the winners.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:52 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 130Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm
jaffrime wrote:
Congrats to the winners....

note to self, work harder on editing your entries. When Shuffle changed from lvl 1 to 2 she should have lost AP...darnit

oh well, i do like the winners.

I really hope HP, AP and stat numbers are not really counted in your chances tough O_O
I assumed these could only be finetuned by thorough testing and I pretty much assigned them randomly :oops:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:43 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
On the whole, I think good rules, even if they are not the prime focus, still give a nice impression, and at least make the judges feel that the supreme has been thought somewhat til the end and is not just a flashy idea thrown around... but maybe it's just my opinion.

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:12 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Nah, not at all.
I'm a sucker for rules, but the only thing I look at when I assess is:
- how well they describe the character?
- are they just damage dealers/skill givers?

As you see, it's not about the rules and not about providing full blown art.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:47 pm
Morf wrote:
Nah, not at all.
I'm a sucker for rules, but the only thing I look at when I assess is:
- how well they describe the character?
- are they just damage dealers/skill givers?

As you see, it's not about the rules and not about providing full blown art.

I think the idea behind gameplay rules would be half the determining element tough ? (what I meant above was I didnt hope the :STR :DEF :ENG :AGL :MND :SPT stats were important ;)) other half being the descriptive side altogether (backstory, name, visual description etc.)

and Id say full blown art shouldnt (and doesnt :)) play a part in the votes at all.
somebody who adds it, and ends up winning (on other merits.) has an extra price for that anyway, so for the basic contest it shouldnt count more than a good description and idea of how the character should look like.

what I mean in short, no need to say you're a sucker for rules, the supreme genesis contests are about creation of unique characters in a game about unique characters... so rules ARE important ;)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:24 pm
User avatarSidekickPosts: 58Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:24 am
Melvin wrote:
and Id say full blown art shouldnt (and doesnt :))

Like I'd said to you, earlier, Melvin, I think the art you did for your super-team is outstanding. If I saw those three on the cover of a comic at the comic shop, I'd pick it up. It was also obvious from the stories, rules and the resources that you'd developed, that you put a lot of thought into them.

I was really blown away.

Offline Profile YIM