<  New Characters  ~  Nuke: The Radioactive menace (Update! Miniature)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:38 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Here you go, the sinister Nuke has arrived!

Nuke brings a lot of tactical options to the game. While he can turn almost invulnerable to most of the missiles, his destructive powers are short ranged.
Outrageously powerful Exclusive Actions are tainted with a meek statline (meh!) and low number of Damage points. Skills like Leave No Trace or Instability don't make a no-brainer from Nuke.

If you have any doubts, send him in to confront Heroes and blast them with Radiation or Apocalypse...

As a way of limiting his weaknesses, you can purchase Resources: enrich Nuke with Plutonium or Uranium to make him less hazardous to field.

Last edited by Morf on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:25 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Sounds....dangerous.

I like the concept of this guy. I"d love to paint him up.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:52 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Make sure to check out www.pulp-city.com Heroes & Villains on Nuke!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:15 pm
MortalPosts: 10Location: Pullman, WA, USAJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:01 pm
Excellent concept and background!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:25 pm
MortalPosts: 12Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:39 pm
Yup, I'm loving this guy!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:43 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I am seriously liking ths guy!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:44 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Wow nice! You guys are doing a great job.. I can honestly say I like everything I've seen so far. I personally like characters like this that force you to play with some brains. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see what else your working on.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:04 pm
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 113Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:45 pm
This guy will be FUN to paint! Making him glow is going to be awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on him (after our large gunned Ape fellow of course)

CCotD'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:23 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Looks great. I hope the mini translates well.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:50 pm
MortalPosts: 5Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:32 pm
I have no idea how to paint him like the concept art, but he looks so amazing I'll have to try. Seriously cool.

He'll make a good opponent for Guerilla. I know that technically they are both in the villain pack, but since when did villains trust each other?

Arabin

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:06 am
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 113Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:45 pm
Arabin wrote:
I have no idea how to paint him like the concept art, but he looks so amazing I'll have to try. Seriously cool.

Yea, Painting him like the concept art will be difficult but I'm sure it's possible... and will be VERY REWARDING!

Arabin wrote:
He'll make a good opponent for Guerilla. I know that technically they are both in the villain pack, but since when did villains trust each other?

But Our Hairy friend is listed as Hero/Villan..... so Hero to some, Despot to others... :twisted:

But I'm totally willing to try this game (when it comes out) at our Monthly Meets Mr. Arabin Sir! Another game to try.... working toward our core "must plays" :D

CCotD'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:52 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 15Location: Portsmouth, VAJoined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:11 pm
Wow, really nice Morf.

Nuke is going to be fun to paint and even more fun to play. Unstable characters that make you really think on how to field them are a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:30 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 13Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:59 am
THis will be a fun fig to paint up when it hits metal,
any thought to having the bases sculpted with details/ as a component of the model? In this case, shattered material tube, rubble bits etc.. to decorate the bases...

Range spanning, it is a small bit to add to a sprue, but crumpled cans, tossed papers, and other city like detritus?

Without seeing the whole range, I know that I dont have a big picture of what the release continuity is like, but how are you guys developing visual continuity between the factions/powers involved? What will the table top look like?

A handful of differently styled and colored combatants, or something that ties them together?
I know in comics you get what you get, but I am half curious, what is the plan for the legions of terror/minions/thugs/police/swat/civilians etc that will hopefully intermingle with the game//\

I am dreaming about police car barricades, cops getting tossed around like paper by giant gorrilla commandos and superheros coming to the rescue.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:49 am
fleshtuxedo wrote:
THis will be a fun fig to paint up when it hits metal,
any thought to having the bases sculpted with details/ as a component of the model? In this case, shattered material tube, rubble bits etc.. to decorate the bases...

Range spanning, it is a small bit to add to a sprue, but crumpled cans, tossed papers, and other city like detritus

In the not so far future there is a plan (well, we have more plans and ideas than we can handle ;) ) for packs of resin bases and resin city elements for 28-32 mm games. Fire Hydrants, Thrash cans, Sewer covers etc.

fleshtuxedo wrote:
Without seeing the whole range, I know that I dont have a big picture of what the release continuity is like, but how are you guys developing visual continuity between the factions/powers involved? What will the table top look like?
A handful of differently styled and colored combatants, or something that ties them together?
I know in comics you get what you get, but I am half curious, what is the plan for the legions of terror/minions/thugs/police/swat/civilians etc that will hopefully intermingle with the game//\

There is a strong visual continuity between memebers of subfaction, so all Blood Watch guys and gals have that gloomy feel and so on. But then you can go very very varied, the starter packs have the feel of a bunch of Heroes answering a distress call.

fleshtuxedo wrote:
I am dreaming about police car barricades, cops getting tossed around like paper by giant gorrilla commandos and superheros coming to the rescue.

As for the Minions, they are very very squishy. Good for distractions and a few Agendas. There will be a few named Minions like a crazy overweight Hero-wannabe, a street reporter etc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:30 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Very cool info Morf, thanks.